Please help! TB6600 wiring

I have done research on the forum, google, etc and can’t seem to find an easy to understand/wiring diagram on replacing g shield with tb6600 drivers.

I have 4 of these and wanted to see if anyone has an “idiot proof” wiring schematic.

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Upgraded-Version-Segments-Stepper/dp/B016ZJS1FA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484887778&sr=8-2&keywords=tb6600

I just wired a 60a sub panel into my house but can’t seem to figure this out.

Are you intending to drive them with a Arduino/GRBL based controller or something else like Mach 3 or Linuxcnc?

Arduino directly wired to drivers.

Can I not just flip flop the g shield out for these?

You can use a g-shield (or cnc-shield) without the stepper drivers for this. The only signals you’ll need for the stepper drivers are STEP and DIRECTION.

I have been using the gshiels/arduino combo for a while now.

I’ve upgraded to larger nema 23s and need more power than the gshield can provide

Hence the need for bigger stepper motor drivers [quote=“NicholasRichards, post:1, topic:33068, full:true”]
I have done research on the forum, google, etc and can’t seem to find an easy to understand/wiring diagram on replacing g shield with tb6600 drivers.

I have 4 of these and wanted to see if anyone has an “idiot proof” wiring schematic.

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Upgraded-Version-Segments-Stepper/dp/B016ZJS1FA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484887778&sr=8-2&keywords=tb6600

I just wired a 60a sub panel into my house but can’t seem to figure this out.
[/quote]

SO is the wiring issue with the connection to the Arduino or to the power supply?

I used the same drivers. I purchased a screw shield for the Arduino. Run 5+ volts to the step and direction +. Run the step and direction - to the associated Arduino pin.

The only thing I see is the Amazon page says those drivers are H-bridge drivers and that GRBL page says that GRBL doesn’t support H bridge drivers but I have no experience with these, just reading words.

To repeat my question, what part of the wiring is an issue?

The GRBL restriction applies to directly driving an H bridge configuration, These drivers should be OK as they have STEP and DIRECTION inputs.

I believe I figured most of it out, hopefully.

But do I need to configure anything new wthin the arduino or gbrl?

You have a picture on your set up?

Also what did you buy exactly? Link to it?

this diagram help me wire my system and i used an arduino Uno.

x-axis.pdf (454.0 KB)

Router Schematic.pdf (2.0 MB)

B.F. You are my real best friend.

Thanks that’s 100% what I needed

I’m a little confused about having two for y axis.

Do I need to switch the wires around like how they are currently on the x carve?

I get that i daisy chain the negative wires together to the ground. And same for the power from supply. The 2 a’s and the 2 b’s to motor.

But, The pulse (step) wire for both y axis go into pin 3 on arduino?? And both direction wires from driver to pin 6? And then all four stepper motor drivers Ena+ to pin 8 (Stepper enable/disa) on Arduino?

This is what I’m confused on.

There;s an excellent write up on stepper motors, drivers and power supplies on the Geckodrive website. They recommend that wiring from the power supply to the drivers should be a star connection i.e. separate wires directly from the power supply connection to each stepper driver and not daisy chained.

The STEP and DIRECTION signals from the Arduino/shield can be directly connected to the Y axis stepper drivers. The TB6600 spec shows shows that input current is very low - less than 1ma at 5V.

-----------Power & motor----------------------

if you have four of SMAKN® TB6600 connected each one to step motor.
Power supply connected to each one.

-----------------signal----------------------

X-axis you can connected one TB6600 to arduino (2-Step) & (5-Dir)
Y-axis you can connected two TB6600 to arduino (3-Step) & (6-Dir)
Z-axis you can connected one TB6600 to arduino (4-Step) & (7-Dir)

Hi Recently I upgrade to TB6600 drivers to stepper with below method of Wiring
steppers moving in only one direction what I am missing I did check every wire connected properly can anyone help me why steppers not moving both directions
I have adruino with 1.0 firmware

X-axis you can connected one TB6600 to arduino (2-Step) & (5-Dir)
Y-axis you can connected two TB6600 to arduino (3-Step) & (6-Dir)
Z-axis you can connected one TB6600 to arduino (4-Step) & (7-Dir)
these are Step + & Dir + to adruino and Step- and Dir- are connected to Adruino ground

If a stepper move only in one direction then 1 of the 4 stepper wires dont have contact.
With only 3 good wires power/step is as normal but direction is lost. Direction will typically be in direction of least resistance.