Waste Board Kit Contents

What specifically does the Waste Board Kit include? I see that the description refers to “support rails, brackets and hardware” but I am not certain which rails and brackets are being talked about. Are the end plates part of this kit or part of the Core Components? I will likely build a stand or dedicated table to sit this on, so I may not need these particular parts.

The 500mm one has:
Item Qty
500mm Waste Board - 30535-01 1
Pre-Assembly Insertion Nuts - 25281-05 6
Threaded Inserts - 30517-03 36
Button Head Cap Screw - 25286-19 6

The 1000mm one has:

[edited originally the waste board included the support extrusions but we switched it to the 1000mm Rail kit to support people that want to make their own waste board.]
Item Qty
Waste Board 1000mm - 30537-01 1
Pre-Assembly T-Slot Nuts - 25281-05 14
Threaded Inserts - 30517-03 144
Button Head Cap Screw - 25286-20 14

Great, thank you so much!

The part numbers you list do not seem to cross-reference to the current parts. Are they different because of the X-Carve or do they cross over to current parts? I ordered a 1000m X-Carve kit without the waste board in order to save shipping but I would like to go ahead and order the parts needed to reproduce the kit (basically will be ordering everything minus the MDF board).

Thanks!

Blair

1 Like

Hi Blair,

You are correct those part numbers are unique to the bundles. To order them separately you’ll need:
We made the brackets and extrusions part of the rail kit. If you plan to make your own Waste Board we have put together the following information for your review.

1. The engineering files for the 1000mm board (A Fond Farewell to GrabCAD Workbench - GrabCAD Blog) and silk screen file (A Fond Farewell to GrabCAD Workbench - GrabCAD Blog)

2. You’ll also need the hardware that comes in the kit

a. 144 threaded inserts, 2 bags of part #30517-01 (Threaded Inserts – Inventables, Inc.)
b. 14 pre assembly insertion nuts, 2 bags of part#25281-02 (http://bit.ly/1J2ORGF)
c. 14 Button Head Screws M5 x 20, 2 bags of part #25286-15 (Button Head Cap Screw – Inventables, Inc.)

4 Likes

Awesome! That is the information I needed. Thanks!

Blair

Could you also please share the “individual” part number equivalent to the one above?

25286-19 is the same type of screw as 25286-02 but there are QTY 10 in 25286-02

I don’t think this is correct for the 1000mm x-carve

I ordered my threaded inserts from McMaster, specifically P/N 92105A675

My rationale there was that I want to use standard hardware for my clamps, since 1/4-20s are about as close to totally ubiquitous in the US as it’s possible to get, and the selection of them is much greater than their metric equivalents.

As a suggestion for Inventables? Offer some fractional-size hardware for the wasteboard inserts as well, the selection in most hardware stores of fractional beats the heck out of the selection of metric here! :smile:

1 Like

Hi I cant seem to find the following product
2 packs of 10 Pre Assembly insertion nuts39 - 25281-02

Am i doing anything wrong

Thanks frank

Unless you live near an ace hardware. Metric it up.

Oh, I certainly can get metric hardware. I can probably get half a dozen different lengths of M6 bolts at the local hardware stores. But I can probably get a hundred different kinds of 1/4-20s in the same places. Plus allthread, etc.

I’d like to do same, order everything except MDF wood… but elsewhere in the forum it is stated that with the 1000 x 1000 mm kit the support extrusions and gussets are included, we just need the screws/ nuts to attach board to frame and insert nuts for the board itself, here the extrusions and gussets are included as a separate purchase. I’m confused.

I opted not to order the waste board to cut shipping costs as well. Thinking it was just the MDF and the inseertion nuts. Would not have made the same choice if I had the information above. Being able to order the hardware without the MDF board would be a nice option.

After we ship the backlog we will look into adding a module for hardware without the MDF board. Until then you can order the parts listed above in the normal part of our online store.

Sorry if this has been beaten to death but I would like to avoid an unpleasant surprise.

These are additional items I will need to order since I am making my own wasteboard with locally sourced 1/4-20 inserts, correct? Can this be added to my pending order (placed may 6 ) or would it need to be a separate order?

IF it were me, I would get in touch with customer service to handle this. Go to the main page and click on the cart, the email and phone number of the team that handles this is listed at the top. I have always had excellent service and a fast response this way. Good luck !

1 Like

After finding this thread and reading what Zach had posted, and getting a little worried since I too had opted not to order the waste board for my 1000mm kit, I contacted the Inventables EXCELLENT customer service via email (help@inventables.com), and received the reply below. They were able to add this to my existing order, and were very prompt in their responses. Hope this helps someone else.

We have made changes to the kits since Zach
posted that answer. We made the brackets and extrusions part of the rail kit.
If you plan to make your own Waste Board we have put together the following
information for your review.

1. The engineering files for the 1000mm board (A Fond Farewell to GrabCAD Workbench - GrabCAD Blog)
    and silk screen file (http://bit.ly/1Ho03vw)

2. You’ll also need the hardware that comes in the kit
    a. 144 threaded inserts, 2 bags of part #30517-01 (http://bit.ly/1DDUIxA)
    b. 14 pre assembly insertion nuts, 2 bags of part#25281-02 (http://bit.ly/1J2ORGF)
    c. 14 Button Head Screws M5 x 20, 2 bags of part #25286-15 (http://bit.ly/1qjpJQi)

I got in touch with Paul Stolz in customer service via e-mail and was also able to add to my order the insertion nuts and button head screws need to attatch my shop made waste board.

I’ve said it before and it never seems to get old, Inventables service is top notch, A1, superb, incredible, etc, etc, so on and so forth. BTW did I say how great they were? :laughing:

1 Like