15w laser upgrade questions

I can run it without the power supply

only laser without the fan(laser fan)

but i think the problem from the control board

IF i bought 4 Axel OR 3 Axel do you Think it will work with me??
i`m gonna use only (Y1-Y2-X)

@PhilJohnson

U advice me in specific type (control board)??

In reading through some documentation on this control board it specifically states “do not flash grbl into the controller”.

I believe that they run grbl on the PC and the controller board is just an interface to the hardware.

GRBL runs on a nano…it’s the same chip, ATMEGA328.

It does.

Don’t forget the P (Atmega328P).

A different beast the 328.

1 Like

Yes…thanks!

Not familiar with this software, but it says in the documentation NOT to use BenBox because it will re-flash the board. You might need to re-install firmware to get it working.

THE PROBLEM SINCE I BOUGHT THE MACHINE
CAN`T WORK WITH IT

THEN

I CONTACT WITH THE SITE (BANGGOOD) I THEY SAID TRY THE BENBOX SOFTWARE
I TOLD HIM THE documentation SAYS DON`T TRY TO USE BENBOX …etc

but its already from beginning didnt work with their software CCNC

@NeilFerreri1

Where does the laser connect to the main board? I see a port for “Laser” but it doesn’t look like anything is connected.
Do either the main controller board or the laser controller have any identifying labels so you know what board/version you’re using?

On that pic it`s not connected
but this is the place for it
@NeilFerreri1

I’d be shocked if you NEED to make your code smaller.
Also, puts the skill and effort of GRBL developer into perspective.
That’s also why sometime “soon” we’ll see a new version of GRBL that won’t run on an Uno. He’s developing an ARM based version that will have more features, more capabilities, and more room for add ons. I’d guess that Inventables and Carbide 3D and others are getting something ready for all of us to “need”.

Sonny says he is going to support the SAMD21 (Arduino Zero), (3.3 volt device NOT 5 volt tolerant)

Probably more than that!

1 Like

@MustafaAlfareed did you find the best solution for the laser? I have same product (the laser is 15w autofocus, not sure if the same like yours). Still can not cut the material. Maybe you can tell me what you did for fixing. Thank you

HI @CristianSoimu Really my driver broke in first days i bought the device
for that i did`t try it to mush then I exhausted with it and i store it -__-

Hello I see from the photo the plug that is in LD needs to be in TTL as LD is for an analog and all computers today use TTL also if you DO NOT have any experience with lasers please seek out local help.

Hello everybody,
I would like to reopen the thread if that is okay for you. I would like to buy a laser to use on my X-carve model X-Carve 2015 - 30548-06.
Now I have a few questions as a laser beginner.
Can I connect this laser to my controller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33031473325.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dUPZl9X?
X-Carve Arduino / GShield Motion Control Kit - 30574-02
and Arduino Uno - 25063-03 (copied from my order history from 05-2016).
Thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings Andre

Is the thread already too old, which no longer reports?:Denken::enttäuscht:

Hello everybody,
nobody seems to be able to help with my problem. what a shame.
maybe someone can tell me, at which port on the control unit or power supply I need to connect the laser?
I am in laser, an absolute beginner.
Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english.
greet AndrĂŠ