1800mm Y Axis Upgrade Question

I just finished making mine 1800x1000 today it was kind of a wing it as I went project but I just need to put a piece of 1/2 on top and skim it cause right now there are quite a few high and low spots on the wasteboard

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve been swamped at work since after Christmas so I haven’t had time to get going on mine. I’ve only got the 2 1800 makerslides ordered. I was gonna start the switchover and then order what I needed as I went. Any pointers on anything you quirky you may have run into?

I tried to use as much as I could from my stock one the only rails I ordered was the 1800 makerslides then I got the 20x40x1800 extrusions and cut them down I was a little worried about cutting the extrusions but I just used my miter saw with a 60 tooth blade and cut great but I was able to make the whole thing not buying any extra hardware and reused most of the pieces it was a long weekend I just have some high spots of .05 or less but if I skim it that should fix it I hope I don’t do anything super precise a lot of cutouts and v carved signs

2 Likes

Wow!, Nice work…I only wish Inventables would do a 1500 mm Wide Maker Slide. I would definitely upsize to 1800 Y axis and 1500 X axis Today!. I would have more options for larger material without tiling or multiple component cutting.

1 Like

Maybe they will come out with an upgrade kit. and also an upgraded waste board. to match 1000x1800 or 1500x1800 or 1500x1000. what every the case maybe. So they keep everything in house.

Maybe a X-Carve Pro 1500 X 1800…just say’n. Otherwise I’ll consider other machines when I pull the trigger for larger machine…

1 Like

that would be nice. maybe a plug n play lead drive kit. for different X PRO kits. no more belts.

Did you find 1800mm 2020 extrusions? For the base

Did you have to modify any of the wiring?

I did it the ghetto way I spliced and soldered each wire you could probably use longer wires and use new connectors but you will have to make the wires longer