$19.99 is $25 month Canadian. WTF Zach Kaplan!

I think Inventables is just jumping the gun a little. I believe V-Carve and the fonts, or at the very least the fonts, should be included in the free Easel version. Not sure I’m ready to start paying until they introduce 2.5D carving. Chamfered, rounded edges and contouring would be worth $25/month.

1 Like

As others have stated…bad move, Zach, bad move. Your group can do better.

Isn’t the X-Carve already a 2.5D carving machine?. Do you mean 3D carving?

We get 4 days a month for free, I had two days left in November and now only 4 in December there should be a carry over I think.

Hi Angus

I’m fully aware of that. I was replying to Perry’s comment “Not sure I’m ready to start paying until they introduce 2.5D carving”

Cheers

Canadian here as well. Currently to cold here to get out to the garage to use the machine but still browsing the forums regularly. Inventables, as a business, with employees needs a steady income to cover the various costs of the business and I am sure most of us on here only have a small view of what is going on in the company. The price on Easel Pro with its current feature does appear to be a bit much but I do believe the majority of users can do most of their carving in the Basic version which is still getting free upgrades. Instead of 4 days, a set amount of hours would probably be a better option as a lot of people can only carve at certain times of the day and nightly carving probably isn’t an option for some. If you are carving daily and using your machine for your business then I don’t think such a price is bad at all but you would probably end up buying different software. The company needs a steady stream of money to hopefully invest in making the upgrades that all of us want. I think that if they became a bit more transparent about the machines end goals and upgrades then people wouldn’t question continuing to invest in monthly subscriptions.

Powerful software already exists. Most of us on here are hobbyists that didn’t get permission or couldn’t justify spending several thousands on a more robust machine. Smaller upgrades to the machine itself to continue to make the machine better will always seem like a better investment. Things like Ball Screw/Anti Backlash Nuts, Rack and Pinion Drives, Drag Knives, Rotary Axis, Laser use Tool Changer. Belt, Ball Screws and Rack and Pinion Drives all have their advantages. Just more options would be nice or even information if they are currently being worked on whether to know to continue to upgrade the machine or to save funds towards a more capable one.

Sorry for the long post, on phone…:confused:

Or the idea of a percentage of the money going towards your shopping cart. For example. It costs $20 a month. $10 of that gets added to a Inventables store wallet so the company is still getting part of the money for the software at a reasonable price but then also a small portion off of market sales and people will be encouraged to use the store more.

I’m on the Carvey, not the X-carve, and have yet to explore options other than Easel for an interface. I have not used Fusion 360 yet and its a steep learning curve at the moment. There was a topic here regarding 2.5D carving being introduced to Easel yet, so hoping for that. But I might go the Fusion 360 direction anyway because it’s free to use and I’m finding Easel to be restrictive in that you have to get very creative with your work pieces to manage some layering cuts.

Technically yes. It’s a step closer to being able to do fillets and contouring, (which was discussed at one point as being in the works). This is ultimately what I’m hoping for before I take the plunge.

Wow it sounds like people are unhappy about the easle pro price point. While I would agree it is a bit steep. It is nice that you could just pay for a month and cancle or even just try it once in a while. And I would say. If you are into it and would keep it all year. Just get v carve desktop. For $300

But this argument that it is different prices in different countries makes no sense. It is not different prices. It is just a fact that different currencies are just different values. So I guess what I am saying is yes I agree that easle pro is a money grab. We can’t fault them for trying to make money. But just let the market decide. There is better software for cheaper. So buy that instead. Or dont buy any at all. In the end the best product will win. Remember. Competition breeds excellence. Thats the american way.

3 Likes

I think part of this is also allowing easel to be free which makes this desirable to people just starting out.

@Zach_Kaplan how has the take up of Easel Pro been? I voiced my opinion during the trial and i don’t want to really recap that. Just interesting how good the numbers have been joining the pay for Easel Pro option?

1 Like

Easel Pro has exceeded our expectations. I’m so thankful that people were able to voice their opinions, give productive feedback, and then those that wanted to participate signed up.

I’m also excited for what is in store for 2018.

3 Likes

Hi @Zach_Kaplan, mind giving us a sneak peak on those exciting things in store for 2018.

1 Like

I’m sorry I can’t at this time.

1 Like

easel pro does not show up on my screen anymore?? am I to late to use it-------I thought I could get a few hours free??

Yea you get 4 free days per month or you can buy days for 2.99 each.

You can also subscribe if you wish.