3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

This is unrelated to the Touch Plate but I was wondering if there would be a demand for taller Y axis end plates. I have made 3 sets of these. The first set is installed on my 1000mm X-Carve and the second set was sent to my good friend Chris in Florida. The third set is available. These are made from 1/4 inch thick 6061 Aluminum and will raise your Y axis up 1 inch. I have milled out probably 100 Triquetra Touch Plates since I installed them. The DO NOT introduce any flex in the system. What they do is give you an additional 1 inch of clearance under the Z axis rail which is what limits the thickness of the material you can carve. You can also raise or lower the stock spindle or the Dewalt inside the mount to achieve the optimum position for thicker material or thinner material if necessary.

At this point in time, Inventables is not offering taller Y axis end plates. They are selling the stock end plates for $7.54 each plus shipping. I am willing to match their offer for the set I have on hand now. If you are interested, send me a private msg and I will send you a PayPal Invoice.

If there is a demand for them I will list them on www.triquetra-cnc.com.

Thank you all for making the Triquetra Touch Plate such an amazing success this past year.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

Darrn I just made my own set. Broke 2 bits, it would have been much cheaper to buy yours. I think there would be a demand. The switch to taller plate is very easy to do.

1 Like

When I made mine I added holes for a second extrusion to really beef up the axis. I also went a bit higher.

2 Likes

Charley, do you make the touch plates with your x-carve stock ? Other than the longer plates?

I do use my X-Carve but it is not longer stock. Taller Y end plates, Double thick waste board, T-Track’s, Aluminum Hold down Clamps, MDF Y axis stiffened which also protects the Belts and wheels for the Y axis from debris, X Axis stiffening Mod with 3/16 steel plate, and Dewalt DWP 611.

Cool I’m running a new X-carve I recently did tacos stiffening I’m wondering if I should be able to get quality repeatable parts out of aluminum with this machine

Just placed my order Charley, thank you for such a cool product and can’t wait to get it.

1 Like

Thank you sir, I did receive your order and it will ship out to you tomorrow.

Are you using the new X-Controller? If so I will add a plug for the machine connection that is similar to the one used by the Inventables version of Z axis touch plate.

I am using the new X-controller and I just sent you a reply email as well just in case. Thank you.

Gotcha covered. I will include the plug… No Charge of course! I will send you a tracking number in a little while but it won’t ship until tomorrow morning.

Would love to See added to easel one of big issuesI have is establish zero. Makes me have to switch between easel and other G code senders.

1 Like

Me to!!!

And about 400 Triquetra Touch Plate owners as well!!

1 Like

Hi I am very interested in ordering the triquetra, are you still offering the discount to forum members? I just got my x carve set up 2 days ago and have been looking for this tool! Please let me know. Thanks, Bill

The coupon code for Inventables Forum member is 3corners and takes 20% off your order total. Us it in the checkout screen at www.triquetra-cnc.com.

Charley

charley, I think I am going to order tonight. I am brand new to the cnc world, am I going to be able to figure out how to use this? I currently have only used easel to do anything. Thanks for all your help.

Hi William,

The only negative is that The autozero for all three axis does not work with Easel. This is due to the g-code that is allowed to be imported. There is a work around that involves Universal G-Code Sender or something similar. I have several video tutorials that go in to detail on how to zero all three axis. If you order the disks then most of them are there. If not you can get them on my website or YouTube channel. In any case, I am here to help you if the need should arise.

Charley

Charley
During the move to zero after running gcode on finding corner could the z zero be the last move instead of the first move? Bit marking surface during move to zero.

thanks Charley, just placed my order

Thanks Robert, that is what I needed to hear. Just placed my order.

Welcome to the world of Auto Zero. Your in good company!! I have your order in stock and it will ship out to you tomorrow.

Thank you sir,

Charley