3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

After zeroing the bit should move up and out of the way to remove the touch plate. There are not any commands in the zeroing g-code to return the bit to 0,0,0. What are you doing to get it to go to 0,0,0?

If you are using PicSender it is very easy. Just click the Goto Zero buttons for X then Y and then Z.

Charley,

Using UGS “Return to Zero” button. It’s moves the Z to zero and starts moving X andY to zero. Any thoughts on changing the order of moves? Now when I run the Z only zero operation and then return to zero the x and y move to zero then z moves zero.

Phil Johnson had a post on this. Try this post from phil

Unless you home your machine with UGS then you should NEVER click the Retrun to Zero Button.

Run the macro’s after you perform the 3 axis zeroing to get your bit to move to 0 0 0.

Instead add these commands to the macro tabs and then run them in the order you prefer.

Macro 1 G90 X0 (Sends X to Zero)
Macro 2 G90 Y0 (Sends Y to Zero)
Macro 3 G90 Z0 (Sends Z to Zero)

Try bCNC

I am having issues, first time trying the triquetra and x and y touch off fine but z fails and come up with bad number format in UGS any ideas?

Show us your script.

This is what I am running

G20
G92 X0
G92 Y0
G92 Z0
G38.2 X-0.5F2
G92 X1.99225
G91 G0 X0.5
G91 G0 Y1
G91 G0 X-1
G38.2 Y-1 F2
G92 Y2.09825
G91 G0 Y0.125
G91 G0 Z1.019
G91 G0 Y-0.625
G38.2 Z-1 F3
G91 G0 Z0.05
G38.2 Z-0.2 F1
G92 Z0.8140
G91 G0 Z0.125
G91 G0 X1
G91 G0 Y1

This is the error

G38.2Z-ñ€ÂȘ5.08ñ€¬F25.4
        ok
        G92Z8.1200
        error: Bad number format
        G91G0Z3.175
        G91G0x25.4
        G91G0Y25.4

ok
        ok
        ok
        ok

Very interested. send me the code for purchasing. Thanks

Your order has what I believe to be errors in it which is causing you to pay too much and get too little. I have modified your order to get you more product for less money and sent you an email with the modifications which will also include a refund for overpayment.

I will attempt to call you today prior to shipping to confirm the modifications. I do not EVER take advantage of customers when they mistakenly order incorrectly causing them to get less for more. That would just be wrong!

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

Charley is the best of the best!

2 Likes

Hello Charley,
Sorry to hear about your shop and hopefully you are back up and running shortly. Please put me on your list to be informed when your taking orders again as I would very much like to get one.

All the best
Wayne Hesler-Mondore
HM Print & Design

The bids to rebuild are in and now waiting on Allstate. My original plan was to move the CNC to a different location inside the shop and get back to making stuff, however, there was more damage to the roof structure than I thought. The builders are going to have to remove the entire roof and replace it so I don’t know if I can make that happen. Moving the CNC will likely have an adverse effect on the alignment. That is a critical aspect especially when milling aluminum. I am planning to give it a shot tomorrow and if I am lucky, I may be able to get a few touch plates made. I will be posting here late tomorrow if I can pull it off.

2 Likes

I’ll take one, where do I send my 30 plus shipping to

They are sold at www.triquetra-cnc.com however I was hit by a small tornado about two weeks ago and am still rebuilding. I had hoped to get some made today but with a missing roof and rain I wasn’t able to get things uncovered today. The weather forecast for tomorrow is clear skys so I hope to be able to get a few knocked out. Keep checking my website and I will also post here when I have something available.

Charley

1 Like

I just added 4 Triquetra Touch Plates to my online inventory. I will continue to produce them as I can. I still don’ t have the roof repaired over my CNC so when there is rain in the area I am shut down. I did remove the backorder restriction from my website. If you place a backorder then you should expect it to ship out within two days depending on weather and construction delays. Should there be a delay beyond 2 days I will notify you.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

Awesome
 one last question. Is this a plug n play item or do I have to make changes to easel. And do I have to make those changes just once?

Sorry if these sound stupid. Just getting all the details.

OK I lied
 just read that it is not compatible with Easel. I use V-Carve Pro for a lot of my work. How and can I use this with that program.

Thanks again.

Just because you have an X-Carve in no way means that you can only use Easel. Far from it. If you are using V-Carve or any other program to design and generate your g-code files, you have a lot of options on how to get that code to your CNC. One option that is free is Universal G-Code Sender. Another is PicSender (my favorite). PicSender is not free but it is not as buggy as UGS can be especially if you are using their nightly builds which I don’t recommend. If you stay with the older versions like 1.09 then you will be fine. Both PicSender and UGS are completely compatible with Automatic 3 axis zeroing with the Triquetra Touch Plate.

Heads up, I only have one left at this moment in time. I will be trying to get more out today but the weather is looking iffy. If I get rained out then it will be a couple of days before I can get more made. Mother nature took part of my roof off that is over my cnc along with a 24x60 foot section of my shop. Working on rebuilding now but it will be another week or so before I am 100% back up and running.

Charley

1 Like