3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

I get that, but I really love the preview (simple as it might be with imported g-code) before I actually hit carve. You’d be amazed how many times I noticed something in the preview and had to go back to design. I’m still too new at this g-code and carving stuff (under a year) to be completely comfortable. Heck I still haven’t completely dialed in my machine because turning those pots makes me too nervous…LOL. Just lucky that the positions must be good enough for the stuff I’m doing and no skips have happened yet.

I’ll bookmark your site, I’m still interested and maybe Easel will be updated with 3-position homing.
Thanks for your time and information… hope the shop is up and running ASAP for you.

-Wayne

Charles, Would you send me the discount code, please. Thanks Vicki Lynn Somers

Absolutely Vicki, The discount code to use at www.triquetra-cnc.com is 3corners

I just finished a fresh batch and have them ready to ship.

Thank you for your interest,

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

1 Like

Thank you

You are going to really appreciate it. I can recommend the cable with the magnet end as well. Just make sure you file down some spots on your collect to make sure you can get a good connection.

Received your order. Too late to ship today but it will go out tomorrow morning.

Thank You Vicki.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

Got my order last night! Thanks for sending so quickly!

1 Like

Shop is rebuilt, just waiting on the roofing to get finished up. But I am back in business.

6 Likes

Charley,
Good to hear, keep up the great work.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are back, Charlie.

2 Likes

Sent you a pm @CharleyThomas

I can highly recommend the touch plates from Charlie at Triquetra CNC. It has made zeroing my machine easy and repeatable. I don’t have a lot of upgrades to my machine, but my workflow is simple, easy, and I get consistent results. The upgrades I have and love are Charlie’s touch plate, a SuckIt dust boot, Estlcam CAM and machine control (supports the touch plate), and a mini pc attached to the X-Carve to make it standalone. I have Charlie’s Y-Axis risers too, but haven’t installed them yet because of workload in the shop, but I’m looking forward to it! If you buy Charlie’s touch plate (and you really should) make sure you get the magnetic wire attachment clamp (just a few bucks) and a copy of his Triquetra Toolbox software (which I believe comes free with the touch plate). I didn’t think I would need the Triquetra Toolbox software, but there are a lot of cool things in there that make life much easier. Especially the machine calibration stuff! Plus Charlie is full of knowledge and is more than willing to help out if and when you run into a snag. His customer service is outstanding!

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly support and can confirm Russ’s comment above. Charlie is the best!

1 Like

I’m about to order one and I’m wondering if I need the ground wire/data disc or whatever? I have the Z probe ordered from Inventables

You do not need to order the data disks. Most people do just so they have it. Once you purchase a touch plate you will have access to the Triquetra User pages and from there you can download all the files that are on the two DVD disks. I do recommend the magnetic ground with wire. The magnet makes connecting the wire to you bit/collet sooooo much simpler.

Charley

I am unable to download the new app.
The spreadsheet I have does have an error. I sent you an email about it.

Are you referring to the Triquetra Tool Box?

Here is a link to download the Triquetra Tool Box.

https://triquetra-cnc.com/triquetra-tool-box-version-finder/

Just click on the big green yes buttons to navigate to the correct version for your setup.

Awesome thanks.
:slight_smile:

I have received it and it works fantastic. thank you.

1 Like