3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

It is available and it is yours now. I have a wiring diagram that I will send you for the Arduino. I was told by Inventables support that the new X-Controller does support an input for probing. The new X-Controller still uses the Arduino with G-Shield setup and is therefore wired the same as the original Arduino/G-Shield setup that was included with the introduction of the X-Carve. I will send you a private msg for ordering details.

I expect to have another 6 Touch Plate’s ready today for those interested. I will be shipping out all current orders Monday as well as any new orders for today’s batch. I will edit the first post in the thread to show out of stock and when I get more made today I will update it with the new quantity.

I am still offering these for $30.00 plus shipping to Inventables Forum Members only.

Thank You,

Charley

1 Like

Send one to Minnesota Charley!
More shop gizmos is good shop gizmos!

I couldn’t agree more!. I just sent you a message with ordering details. Please reply to that via my email address charleyntexas@gmail.com

Thank you Sir,

Charley

Sign me up charlie, ftv5565@yahoo.com

just finished the latest batch and they are ready to ship. All I need is your mailing address and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. I can send it out tomorrow and you should have it as early as Wednesday depending on where you are.

Please send your address to me at charleyntexas@gmail.com

Thank You Sir,

Charley

Yikes!!

I’m definitely gonna need more boxes if I 'm going to keep my promise to get these in the mail today. So for all you guys in Hawaii, Canada, and across the USA, all of your orders are going out today as promised.

After all of these go out, I still have 3, nope 2, now only 1, and they are all gone. None available. I have exhausted my stock of Aluminum so it will be a couple of days before I can resume production. You can pre-order if you like and I will notify you before I send a PayPal invoice for final confirmation. I expect to resume shipping by the end of the week if not earlier.
Charley

1 Like

hey charley what is the thinnest material that can be used with this?

The milled out portion on the bottom is approximately .2 inches deep. I wanted enough to grip well and still be able to use it with .25 inch thick material.

A work around for thinner material would be to run the zero sequence like normal even though the Z will be set too high. then flip the Touch Plate over and lay it on the material anywhere you like and run the Z axis only code that is included in the G-Code Generator spreadsheet.

So first set all three axis to zero even though Z will be incorrect and then reset the Z to zero with the Touch Plate upside down. When using it upside down you would position it so that you bit probes to the milled out portion and not the thicker edges.

Hope that answers your question.

Charley

1 Like

charley, yes thats exactly what i wanted to know, thanks!

sign me up. How do I get one.

Keep checking back and always look at the first post in this thread. I edit it regularly and date my edits so people will know how current the inventory is.

At this time I have sold out. However, there are two people that have not replied to my emails or paid for them yet. To be fair, I feel I need to give them another couple of days. If I still haven’t heard from them I will cancel their PayPal invoice and re-list them.

If you like I will put you as number one in the contact list should one come available. Aside from that, I am going to Dallas tomorrow to purchase another 12 feet of aluminum bar stock to begin making more. I should have more ready to ship later this week.

So if one doesn’t come available then I will notify you when I have more ready to ship.

Please send an email to me at charleyntexas@gmail.com and include your shipping address so that I can have everything ready to go.

Thank you for your interest,

Charley

Thanks for getting them out so fast Charley! I cannot wait to use this.

Charley - do you have a wiring diagram for use w\ XController or standard Arduino? Mine is already wired, but I want to print out and put with all the machine docs just in case someone else in the household decides to play…

I think I can see mine!

I need one! I sent u an email with my info. Thanks Frank M

Hey, can you ship it to Chile via cheapest USPS service? how much does the package weight? (also can you declare it with 1 cent less hahah :smiley: below 30 USD does not pass thru customs)

Do you mill these on the Xcarve?

Yes sir I do. I have a 1000mm X-Carve that I got almost 1 year ago. To mill aluminum especially on the scale I have been doing with all the touch plates I have been sending out, you must first beef up your machine to handle the load. I use the Dewalt DWP 611 spindle, X Axis steel bar stiffening Mod, and Y Axis rail stiffening Mod. You can do the same without these mods but it will take much much longer to carve and the results aren’t typically as clean.

1 Like

Yes, I do ship internationally. I will have to check the rates to Chile. To get the proper postage rate I will need a complete mailing address for you. Please send your request to me at charleyntexas@gmail.com and I will send you a quote for the postage. I won’t lie to customs but I will lower the actual price to accommodate you. When shipping internationally, Customs requires 2 copies of the packing list that shows the value of the contents.

Thank you for your interest,

Charley

Thanks for the answer, I’m certainly interested. Can you explain a bit the workflow? I mean you have to set something in excel, then generate gcode? Send it via easel?..

Imagine I want to carve a piece with 2 different bits