3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

That is very odd. Do the X and Y measuring files work?

Have you tried to generate a 3 Axis zeroing file with the Triquetra Tool Box? If so does it give you any errors?

Also check to see if your Probe Invert setting is $6=0.

Easel will not accept G38.2 or G92 commands so this will not work with Easel.

Charley

You da man! Thank you so much Charley for this info!! My block will be on its way today hopefully.

Tried all 3 files you sent me and I get the same thing. here is my $$

$0 = 10 (Step pulse time, microseconds)
$1 = 255 (Step idle delay, milliseconds)
$2 = 0 (Step pulse invert, mask)
$3 = 4 (Step direction invert, mask)
$4 = 0 (Invert step enable pin, boolean)
$5 = 0 (Invert limit pins, boolean)
$6 = 0 (Invert probe pin, boolean)
$10 = 115 (Status report options, mask)
$11 = 0.020 (Junction deviation, millimeters)
$12 = 0.002 (Arc tolerance, millimeters)
$13 = 1 (Report in inches, boolean)
$20 = 0 (Soft limits enable, boolean)
$21 = 0 (Hard limits enable, boolean)
$22 = 1 (Homing cycle enable, boolean)
$23 = 3 (Homing direction invert, mask)
$24 = 25.000 (Homing locate feed rate, mm/min)
$25 = 750.000 (Homing search seek rate, mm/min)
$26 = 250 (Homing switch debounce delay, milliseconds)
$27 = 1.000 (Homing switch pull-off distance, millimeters)
$30 = 1 (Maximum spindle speed, RPM)
$31 = 0 (Minimum spindle speed, RPM)
$32 = 0 (Laser-mode enable, boolean)
$100 = 40.000 (X-axis travel resolution, step/mm)
$101 = 40.000 (Y-axis travel resolution, step/mm)
$102 = 188.976 (Z-axis travel resolution, step/mm)
$110 = 8000.000 (X-axis maximum rate, mm/min)
$111 = 8000.000 (Y-axis maximum rate, mm/min)
$112 = 500.000 (Z-axis maximum rate, mm/min)
$120 = 500.000 (X-axis acceleration, mm/sec^2)
$121 = 500.000 (Y-axis acceleration, mm/sec^2)
$122 = 50.000 (Z-axis acceleration, mm/sec^2)
$130 = 790.000 (X-axis maximum travel, millimeters)
$131 = 790.000 (Y-axis maximum travel, millimeters)
$132 = 100.000 (Z-axis maximum travel, millimeters)

Your toolbox g code gives me the same problems. I loaded up my files I made in fusion 360 into both UGS and chillipeppr and they all work fine, no alarms.

I keep getting an error about “something something G38.2 or G92”. Maybe we can skype if you got time?

Hi Charley,

Been trying to access your website and I am unable to. Was on it last night and it seem to go south at about 10PM eastern time. Is the problem at your end or mine?

Thanks

The problem was on the hosting server. I called them a few minutes ago and they updated something on the server and it is working properly now. By the way, I shipped your order. An email will be in you inbox shortly with tracking and other info.

Thanks ,

Charley

@CharleyThomas I see your website main page is up but any link I click on gives an internal server error.

I bought your touch plate a month back and its great, I use it for every carve.

I noticed in your UGS tutorial the work position coordinates is shown in inches but in my UGS it is in millimeters.
I have searched everywhere to find a spot to change this but I can’t see where it is?

Hi Tim,

In version 1.09 of UGS go to the Machine Control tab where you see the Jogging arrows. Right next to the jog arrows is the selection for Inches and Millimeters. If you are using the nightly build version 2.0 then just above the coordinates section where is shows that you are in Millimeters, click the Millimeters text and it will change to inches.

Hope that helps,

Charley

The Problem on my website is due to an error at the Hosting Server itself. They are working to get the problem fixed but it is still down. Last night they told me that it should be resolved very soon. I guess “Very Soon” is a relative term.

They fixed my website!!! It should be back at 100% now. If you have any problems try clearing your browser cache then retry. If you find any other problems please let me know.

Charley

The jogging selection isn’t where I meant. The very left area where is shows machine position and work position it shows the coordinates in mm for me but inches for you. This doesn’t change if I select 'mm or inches in the control tab.

In your setup video, after using the touch plate it shows your x,y at 2.something but mine shows 66.5

I just prefer to always work in inches. Not really a big deal though.

I understand what you are talking about now. The last time I used UGS version 1.09, the position numbers were not changing as the machine moved. I looked at the Nightly Build the other day and it appears to be working and usable for zeroing. You might give t hat a try.

Charley

hello Mr. Thomas, may i use the code as well? id like to order one also,thank you.

You Betcha,

You can still use coupon code 3corners and save 20% off your Triquetra Touch Plate order at:
https://triquetra-cnc.com/shop/

1 Like

Hey Charley, finally got around to ordering mine tonight. Looking forward to using it.

I bought mine last week and didnt see this thread!

30% Off Holiday Sale on the Triquetra Auto Zero Touch Plate Kit

Happy Holidays Everyone. Starting Thanksgiving Day you can get the Complete Triquetra Auto Zero 3 Axis Touch Plate Kit for 30% Off. Regular Price is $75.00. Sale Price will be $52.50!!

This is a complete kit that has everything you need to zero all three axis at one time. It includes the Touch Plate, Magnetic Ground with 6 feet of wire, Two DVD disks with video tutorials, pictures, G-Code Generator Spreadsheet, the Triquetra Tool Box for the ultimate in zeroing options, and unlimited access to the Triquetra Users Page. Don’t miss out on this crazy good price. No Coupon Needed.

Over 600 Triquetra Owners can’t be wrong. They are all getting a repeatable, accurate, X Y Z zero the easy way.

Come Visit Us at www.triquetra-cnc.com

1 Like

Are you still making these?

Since posting this I have visited the website and in fact ordered one. Thanks for your response Bob!

You guys move quick. I got your order and made several today so your order will ship out tomorrow.

Charley

Attempted to place an order, however it wants to charge me $36.25 for shipping to Ohio. I hope your shipping charges have not jumped that much.