3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

Just received my 3 axis touch plate this week. Really impressive! Nicely constructed, and the included spreadsheets for gcode generation and stepper calibration are very handy! I would highly recommend this to anyone interested. Sure beats my old setup of alligator clips and a strip of brass shim stock :smile:

Now I just need to get a 1/8" plug to properly attach to my controller box.

– John

1 Like

What is the 1/8" plug for?

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that you are pleased.

Charley

My current controller box has a 1/8" jack that is wired to the Arduino pins. I have this set up for my current Z axis probe. The 1/8" plugs that I have are too small for the wire supplied with the Triquetra.

I just received 70 of them for use with new Touch Plate orders. If the holes are the same size as the banana plug that plugs in to your touch plate I have a few. I can mail you one for a one time fee of… let’s see now… this and that plus these and those… well that comes to $0.00. Will that work for you?

2 Likes

Sounds great. I put a feature request in to add macros or direct support for the three axis touch plate to my favorite cnc controller - GitHub - cncjs/cncjs: A web-based interface for CNC milling controller running Grbl, Marlin, Smoothieware, or TinyG. It’s a very powerful system, and the developer is pretty responsive to bug fixes and enhancements. He put in the first z-axis probe feature based on my input :smiley:

Thanks so much!

I just mailed you a banana plug. It is just plain first class letter mail so there is no tracking. You should have it in a few days.

Charley

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated.

– John

1 Like

Charley, where do I go to buy the Automatic Zero?

Good morning Michael,

Use coupon code “3corners” without the quotes at www.triquetra-cnc.com and you can order the Triquetra Auto Zero touch plate and get $20.00 off your order total. I have them in stock and can ship as soon as the order is placed.

Thanks for your interest,

Charley

Have you used it with the TinyG?

I have not myself but there are others with the Triquetra Touch Plate that have. Typically it is more about the software that you are using to stream the g-code to the machine with than it is a bout the hardware. So, as long as there is an input for probing on the TinyG then you should be good as long as you use compatible software.

There are two software packages that do not work with probing and that is Easel and Carbide Motion.

Charley

1 Like

Got it in the mail. Post office charged $1.51 postage due! They are crooks. Thank you for sending!

– John

You should take a look at Cheton Wu’s CNC controller - GitHub - cncjs/cncjs: A web-based interface for CNC milling controller running Grbl, Marlin, Smoothieware, or TinyG.

It’s all I have been using for a while. Great feature set, and he is pretty responsive to feedback and suggestions. He is going to build support for 3 axis probing directly into the software soon. I sent him information on Triquetra, and he was impressed!

The latest release supports tinyg as well as grbl.

You can run it as a standalone app while directly connected to your controller, but I run it on a Raspberry Pi CNC controller, and control it remotely via web interface. That way you don’t need to leave a PC in the shop.

I’m not certain many people had a lot of faith in my statement that the Triquetra could help you recover aborted carvings. You just made my case! It really does do what I said it would do. Sorry you had to find out this way but perhaps my street credit just went up about a 1000 points! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Charley

2 Likes

It gives me warm fuzzies knowing that I was able to provide you with something that makes everyday life easy and accurate, not to mention coming to the rescue in your hour of need.

Thanks again for putting it out there. Perhaps I better make more Touch Plates!!

Charley

1 Like

Warm fuzzies… Better check for mold… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope all good, those were just happy feelings!!

1 Like

@CharleyThomas:
I would like to get one of these as well.
Would save my 3d cuts :slight_smile:

Steven

Visit my website at www.triquetra-cnc.com. Use coupon code “3corners” and you can get $20.00 off your order total and be the proud owner of a 3D project saving Triquetra Touch Plate! They are in-stock and ready to ship.

1 Like