3018-MX3 and Easel

Does anyone know if Easel will work with Genmitsu 3018-MX3. Recently I upgraded from the 3018 Pro which worked with Easel to the 3018-MX3.

Easel does not recognize this machine. This CNC has a different controller that works with Mach3.

I would like to continue using Easel if possible.

Thanks

Mach3 and Grbl are apples and oranges. Mach3 was originally designed for older computers with a parallel printer port. There is an adapter that you can purchase to use with a usb computer. I have mach3 on my other machine with a probotix controller and use the Xcontroller via UGS on my X carve. You can generate gcode wherever you like and Mach3 will run it. Having a generic post processor like fanuc helps in that regard.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get Easle to work with my new 3018-mx3. I am exporting G Code as it appears the Easle will not connect to the machine directly. However, I am finding two problems: my 3018-MX3 is intepreting G20 as metric, and b) my 3018-mx3 has no idea what to do with imperial units when G21 is selected. I’m very new so its quite possible I missing some nuance, but have not found an acceptable soluytion except to a) use mm scale in easile and b) edit the Easle G Code after download to change G21 to G20.

@Thomas Can you share some gcode that is not working as you expect?

Have you calibrated your axes? Do each move 10mm if a 10mm jog is commanded?
You may have a mismatch between GRBL parameters and microstep settings causing scaling issues.

hi
im having the same problem with my 3018-mx3 .it cuts ok with the mach 3 controller with the g code images supplied on the installer cd, but will not with the g code from Easel.