3018 using easel

I have an x carve, but I also have a 3019 pro, all I have done on the pro is laser and would like to do this new 3 d on the 3018. Just small x mas ornaments and light carve. I know the spindle and frame are not all that rigid but for little light carves, should work. my question is, since this is grbl based, how do I run it on easel? will it integrate? or do I have to make g code and send it to candle to operate. . I use carvco maker for most of my work and send it to easel for the x carve.I am very computer stupid so this is why I ask. Rick

1 Like

Hey Rick, yeah itll work just fine…
Go to machine>setup nea machine. Then select “orher 3rd party machine” over on the right and you can set it up as a sainsmart 3018pro and easel will walk throigh the setup steps…

When you want to run a cnc, go to machine dropdown and make sure the coreect machine is selected. Youll have to disconnect the usb to be able to swap machine profiles. These 2 profiles will also let you save different cut settings for each machines capabolities, even using the same exact bits…