3D carving in Easel

I have played with the new 3D feature. It is a great feature and there are LOTS of STL files out there. I am wondering if there is a way to create the “dish” style relief instead of the rectangle or model boundary relief? Or am I limited to finding an STL file that includes that feature?

2 Likes

At the moment the easiest wat to accomplish making a dish like that is to use a software like Blender or MeshLab and get multiple models (one plain dish and the other the desired design) and you can import them both, align as desired and then export as a single STL, which can then be imported into Easel for toolpathing. These softwares do require more computing power than Easel, but as long as your computer can handle it, it’s a decent enough solution at the moment.

Theses softwares also allow the user to reduce the file size of larger STL’s, where myminifactory has issues with files over 225ish mb and I’ve come across many files that are much larger recently…

1 Like

I am getting very very bad tool paths being generated. Absolutely nothing like the 3d STL models I am uploading. Is anyone else having issues?

Can you share the project, or post photo of all of the settings.
Thanks

When the model size is larger than the material size, odd things occur. If you reduce the model to fit within the material the toolpath issue should resolve.

1 Like

hi!! I am new to Easel and a CNC router. In Easel I follow through with the steps of carving but the spindle is up in the air spinning and not on the wood. What am I doing wrong? thanks for any help

can you share your project

1 Like

Its just my name. I am trying to learn how to cut

@GlendaPrieve sharing your project will allow others to take a look at the settings you’ve used and why it may be air cutting.

Here’s some instructions on how to do this from @SethCNCHOW TO SHARE your Easel CNC Project with a SHARE LINK - YouTube

1 Like

https://easel.inventables.com/projects/aL_B3AaC7KIm0l4L1rAAsg#

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.