3D profiles (Curves on the Z axis) in Easel?

wow i need this too. i’m slowly getting my head wrapped around fusion but i’d like to be able to knock out what i can on easel so the more features the merrier.

this is also a pretty tricky feature for them to have completely polished and debugged i’d imagine. But even if they just gave us what was in the .gif up there to try out as an app or add-on in easel would be a good first step

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

@Angelos this feature is still in development. Here’s a peek behind the curtain. As you can see from the animation above the rendering on the right side needs to be “crisper” in order for the feature to be usable. Quick update below on what the future holds:

The feature is still in development and testing. We need to make some performance improvements and usability improvements before we can launch it. This feature is in active development but as you can imagine it’s a non trivial feature.

15 Likes

You’d need a ball end mill. I’m not sure about the parallel passes vs. other toolpath techniques. I think they are experimenting to find what gives the best finish in the shortest carve time.

1 Like

You can see a post on some of the features that launched last week here.

2 Likes

This is just great. When are you going to launch the first public (beta) version?

Hi @Angelos we don’t have a date we can release yet. We don’t know how long it will take to make it work at a level we’d be proud to release into beta. It’s an ongoing effort.

3 Likes

Thank you Inventables team for all the great additions to Easel, wow has it really improved ! Is there any update on this particular feature?

would love to be part of this beta test group when you are ready to test. I have played with curves on the z axis using illustrator and importing svg’s into easel. It works but does take some time and trial and error to get the correct depth you are looking to cut

1 Like

I’d use this feature a TON! Thanks Inventables team for all the work.

Those features look awesome @Zach_Kaplan. Your team always impresses. Any forward movement with vbit carves? Again thanks for the progress y’all are making, I’ve put off learning fusion because of what y’all have and are doing fits my needs

I would love updates on this as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

No public updates yet other than we’re working on it.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is this still in development?

2 Likes

Hi @EllenBjerkaas there’s no public update at this point.

3 Likes

Count me in for beta testing as well.

Count me in for beta testing as well.

Same here, please keep me in mind.

BUMP for all the Beta testers.

1 Like

Any updates on this feature?

2 Likes