3GT2 belting keeps breaking

I had to file the ends of the pulley bolts for the aluminum to fit without rubbing. Just wondering if the wider pulley will overhang the inside of the rail and rub. If you don’t think so, I’m good with that. I just want to be sure before I try to assemble it.

Great info and I was all over it today. I signed up for the waiting list.

1 Like

@BillBlades That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

1 Like

I upgraded to 9mm GT3 belts and never looked back! Rock solid and no nonsense. They should have used 9mm belts from the get-go.

This is probably the best belt thread here, so I wont start a new thread for my question.

Upgrading to TBD 3GT3 9mm belt and the kit came with 1/4 inch bore drive gears. My machine has 8mm (~.314) with pressed on drive gears.

My ultimate solution to solve this problem is to buy new Nema23 motors with the proper electrical connector I have and .250 bore shaft.

For the time being, I am considering buying the TBD CNC 2GT belt which gives me 9mm belt width which will work with the original drive gear pitch. My drive gear is wide enough for the 9mm 2GT belt.

For those here, is going from 6mm 2GT to 9mm 2GT a waste of time? My machine came with a set of the defective belts which stretched early on. And with in 30hrs or run time, I was cutting elongated 1/2 in circles in oak.

John