4 free days per month question

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

@EuanArmstrong

This is the forum. Customer service doesn’t always monitor the forum. You should send a report to customer service so they can look into it.

Dumb question from a nube here…where do I look to see how many Pro days I have left this month?

Click Carve and a window will pop up telling status and asks if you want to spend / purchase a day.

1 Like

@HaldorLonningdal Thank you so much. I just learned from another post that designing with Pro doesn’t eat into your four days…good to know. I’m finaly going to take my machine for a test carve tomorrow…I’ve got a couple of dozen designs done to play with.

Another question off of this topic if you don’t mind…if I set my HOME position to the middle of my work piece in my design, why does it always start at the lower left of my work piece when I click “Simulate Tool Paths” ?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Did you move your work piece down and center it over the lower left corner? I always use the lower left corner for work zero but if i am not mistaken you would need to center your work over the lower left corner so it is in the center of that.

Home position is where you want your work zero to be.
Easel always assume work zero is where the X/Y grid = 0 in the design window.

So if you want to set work zero at the center of the material then you need to place the design centered around the grid X/Y = 0 too.

@HaldorLonningdal Thanks…Guess I thought it was kind of odd to have to move the design off of the workspace when I want to make my 0,0 the center of my workpiece…guess I thought when I selected to use the center of my workpiece as 0,0 I expected the black dot on the screen to move from the lower left of the workspace to the center of my workpiece. Guess I’m asking for too much from free software,

Hi, I know the above thread is an old one, however, I am looking for the four free carve days a month, as I have never used it before, where can I find it? Thank you.

I don’t see that, when I click on carve.

Hi Jennifer, if your easel account was created after about April 2020, then it will not have 4 days/month free, instead it would have been granted easel pro for the first 30 consecutive days.

However, If your account is a pre-April 2020 account you can click the easel icon at the top left and go into the A̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ (Edit: OPTIONS) tab and there will be some info and a button to click to activate a free pro day.

EDIT:

Well Seth, your statement above seems to no longer be true.
Below is a screenshot of what I get when clicking on account.
I purchased a machine in Nov 2016 and had used the 4 days of Pro on a few occasions. Today I cannot export a previous project that has V carve elements.
At this point I am very disgusted with Inventables.

I found that if I changed all the V bits to 1/32 bit it could be downloaded and the art is not altered.
Still not happy with Inventables about their change in business model.
This will greatly affect how I help in this forum.

1 Like

You can’t export the design?

Only after changing the V bits to end mills.

1 Like

That’s odd. Why would they limit your ability to download an svg just because you might carve with v-bits?

1 Like

yup, it’s considered a pro-option. If you don’t have pro you can’t download (loophole) unless you change cutters to an end mill.

1 Like

Hmm I don’t have one of these accounts as my pre-2020 account is a paid one and my free account i use for testing wasn’t made until 2021… But try the “options” tab maybe the option for a free day is on that tab. I swear that others in the Easel FB group are still using their 4 free days…

Mark i took a look at mine and have no pro account but i clicked on option and it shows 4 free days there.

2 Likes

Hi @MarkA.Bachman ,
You can start your free day on the Options tab, see attached screenshot. Once activated you can export the designs just like have been before. Nothing has changed in that regard.

3 Likes