5x7 Photo Frame

Here is one of the first projects I made with my XC. It’s made from poplar with just clear finish on it.

7 Likes

This one is made from pine, stained and clear coated.

3 Likes

very nice! double sided cut? what method did you use?

I made a fixture to locate the bottom and left side of the frame. I designed everything (front and back) at the same time then copied the file and deleted the cuts that I didn’t need on each separate file. Now all I have to do is change the text on the front for each different frame.

1 Like

those are great

Very cool! What program and bit did you use for the bulldog/soccer ball on the first one and the wording on both of them?

Also, what is the slot on the back of them for? It looks like a keyhole slot, but obviously wouldn’t work for hanging.

I design using a program called Flexisign, (I own a sign shop). I use inkscape to convert to svg and then cut in easel. All of the lettering is done using a 60 degree bit that I tell easel it is a .010 bit.

The slot is to store the dowel rod that props them up if you hang it on the wall.

1 Like

Great thinking, thanks!

Those are nice. I make frames with the table top epoxy on them and I will be putting custom text of them whenever they order me some. Keep up the great work!

Where do you get the photo backer board?

The first one I did I bought a cheap frame for the glass and backer. Now I am cutting my own backer from medium chipboard.

Chipboard

What depth did you do for that smaller text?

The lettering on both frames is .030" deep.

Here is another picture frame I just finished.