A better Easel Display

I use Aspire 8.0 to do all my art work then export it as a SVG file. Because I’m not into all the features that Aspire has such as type’s of bit and depth of cut I import the file into Easel then I edit the art work for depth of cut and making it fit to the size of wood. It would be a lot easier if the Easel graphic display was designed better I click on an area the box comes up blocking half the art and I have to move it around just to see it or I reduce it and then it’s hard to do a picking of the objects. One half of the display shows the art work and the other half shows what it will look like when cut there so much free space on that side the box could come down over there. With all the software out there this display looks like back in windows 3.1 days. Can’t we do better ?

There’s one feature that will help one of your issues. In Easel, there is a small grabber button in the bottom left of the 3D rendering window that you can use to drag to change the width of the two windows.

There’s a feature that will help with one of your issues. In Easel, there is a small grabber button in the bottom left of the 3D rendering window that you can use to drag to change the width of the two windows.

your right Aspire is good and I do need to spend some time learning it. I’m not sure I understand what you mean by (erased all bits) bits meaning what? Oh and Ummmmmmm I guess that means no on improving the Easel graphic display to make it easier to use as a stand alone. Not everyone can afford Aspire.

Thanks thats perfect that’s what I was looking for any chance there a manual out there with some quick help on this programs tips and tricks. Mahalo you just made my live easier.

Aloha Philjohnson your right the other packages are good it’s just takes time to learn and I was hoping the until then the didn’t have the frustrations with easel. Here’s a question it seems that I alway have to do the machine setup when I first load up windows and go to easel. When I click on easel at the machine setup I have to input the size of the machine (1000x1000) the screw (acme) and the router dewalt before I cut. I’m OK the rest of the time until I shutdown and restart the computer the next day can’t the be a file that you just run that load that in instead of entering all the time.

Mahalo you guys for all the quick answers.
George

Have you made some videos of that? would be great

This is an issue that I have been trying to get fixed myself. All they offer is the work around that you now use.
It would be handy to be able to re-position those (always in the way) windows.

1 Like

Also the safety hiegth can be set on a per project basis. Problem with that is the z always slowly feeds ro that number for every non cutting X/y move.
So if you want the tool to clear the clamps you set that so it misses then edit all the others to a reasonable setting.
I use GWizard as it is powerful. It will not send G code though.