A couple weird things happening

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been fighting with Easel Pro to do a simple thing that I have done a hundred times in the past. I sell some cutting boards online and occasionally the customer wants an engraving added. I have always followed these (below) steps to add a simple text carving but now it no longer will allow me to do it this way. Am I missing something?

1. Create Work piece
  2. Set dimensions for the cutting board.
  3. Position the text where i want it carved on the board (typically bottom right corner.)
  4. Set depth of cut, speed and feeds & set my zero to the CENTER of the work piece.
  5. Carve!

Now what happens, is instead of Easel recognizing that I have the carve set with the zero point in the center of the work piece, it translates that as the center of the actual engraving & starts to carve right where I have it centered! instead of the bottom right corner. Does that make sense? Basically I set the zero in the center of the board, because that is where i have it set as the zero but then it carves the text right into the center of the board instead of the bottom right corner. So far I have not been able to figure it out, so I have just been leaving it as is, and then figuring out where the middle of the carve will be and then starting the zero at that spot. It’s not the end of the world but it is annoying. Anyone have any insight here? I hope that this made some sense.

Also, I just tried the ramping feature for the 1st time and it did some weird thing with the letter “e” in my text engraving. It added a random line to them that isn’t in the file/image and it ruined a board that I had completely finished for someone. now I have to redo the whole damn thing! Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I’ll add a pic in a little while. I have to email it to myself and then upload. Thanks Y’all.