A dust boot on Kickstarter

darn! missed the early bird pledge

I asked him to add a “no hole” option so I could drill a custom sized hole for my Festool vac, now that he did I backed it.

Nice! I just changed my previously early bird backing to this no-hole option, so that opens up an early bird spot for someone. :wink:

I also asked him to not install the brushes for my no hole option unit - that way I can use my X-Carve to make my hole without the brushes getting in the way and install them after. I don’t know if he’ll make that the default for all the no hole orders, so let him know if that’s what you want.

Good call. I just asked for the same.

I’ve love to go with the no-hole option, since I use Festool as well, but I don’t want to give up my Early Bird spot, plus it looks like the pledge is ~$10 higher to go with the no-hole option. I’m pretty sure NOT cutting a hole saves them some time, so IMHO it should be cheaper (or same price)…

I’ll stick w\ a hole and just print an adapter for the Festool.

The No-hole option is $11 (U.S.) more than that listed for the initial early bird backing. There were 20 early bird slots available but they are all filled. The current with hole or without options are the same price.

Really nice. Does anyone know how the height adjustment works? He is able to move it up and down, and it stays in position, but I have no idea how it being held in place on the vertical rails.

I already have an early bird slot, so switching from early bird to no-hole adds $10 to my cost, plus most likely moves me to the end of the queue …

OK. That makes more sense. Then your complaint is that you should be able to switch to no-hole and keep the early bird pricing. Not that the hole and no-hole are different prices. I tend to take things literally.

Yes, my point exactly, you just did a better job of articulating it … :smile:

i’m going to back it as well… and for anyone thinking about going the loc-line route… i’ve done it, and i can say that after using it for a while, a boot is really what we need… the loc line helps, but there are plenty of chips going in other directions that you can never catch with loc-line. Having something that shields the chips and then, once getting the velocity off of them, sucks it up… that’s what you need.

thanks for sharing this.

It definitely seems to be well received. Is it May yet? :wink:

1 Like

I have just supported this, I went for the two dust boot option for when I destroy one ( I am bound to do something wrong at some point :wink: )

I too am going to get one without the hole. Would anyone be willing to post how they will or have drilled the hole? As I have a Festool also and I’m not sure how to go about it. Thanks

I’m willing once I get it, but I would assume it’s a pretty straightforward process of deciding what size hole you need, clamping the plastic plate down on your X-Carve, then carving the hole using whatever bit you have that’s good for plastic. In my case I’ll be using the 35mm non-antistatic hose, but others may go with the 27mm. The non-antistatic hose is more flexible than the antistatic one (also cheaper).

My only concern with this one is that I use toggle clamps to hold down most of my work. They are low-profile, but they take up about an inch of vertical that the brush ring has to be able to glide over without striking hard. Those bristles on the kickstarter one look awfully short… and I REALLY like my toggle clamps!

Just backed this for the double in case I break one ever. Currently have my machine all apart while working on implementing X and Y axis stiffening mods, been to busy with spring house projects to finish up. Once the mods are done this will finish it off nicely.

Talked to the owner of the Kickstarter today, he said that the stock bristles are 1", but they are a press fit and fit the standard McMaster sourced ones. I’m in for one, that looks darn good!

Its a day of firsts for me. I just funded my first Kickstarter campaign and my first post to this forum! Just got the last double pack - knowing me, a back up is a good idea! Can’t wait to get it…I just ruined a project because of the debris (MDF really messy) This looks awesome!

1 Like