A few projects that I have made

I love the look of the trout and am very curious about the Omega Bond and how one sources it? Google turns up almost too many sources and options, so I’m curious if you have any tips or hints to go online or who to call locally.

I’m very active in my Trout Unlimited chapter and donate carved stuff for auctions, etc. so this looks very interesting to me.

1 Like

Hi Drew,
Thanks, I’m able to purchase my Omega Bond locally, where do you live? Reece Supply Company is where I get it from. I did that trout years ago for a buddies boat in vinyl and was wondering how it would look on the omega bond so I gave it a try. It would probably look better if I use a straight bit on the trout. Still new to the XCarve and playing around with different materials. If you want the trout I can send it to you.
I live in Louisiana
Thanks
Russell

Cool fish :slight_smile:

I did something similar a while back, didn’t have Dibond or similar so carved 10mm white plastic and shot it with spray paint for color. Sanded down the excess spray. Used two coolours, black and gold for effect :slight_smile:

a9432528b22dc2a2c6fc95a74a71f6076ec67a53_1_690x459

5 Likes

That’s really cool. Thanks for the material suggestions.

2 Likes

They all look great!!!

1 Like

A Valentine’s Day present for my wife. :grin:

11 Likes

When will wives understand that we need to make a buy and make lots of other stuff so that when we make something for them it turns out perfect?

Box looks great.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Yes this looks really clean. Well done! What brand of bit did you use?

Sorry I said 60 degree, I used a 90 degree Diablo V bit from the big box store.

dangit…. wife just looked over my shoulder and saw your box…… guess I need to go glue up some wood now

1 Like

:man_facepalming:You better hurry, Valentines Day is Thursday. :flushed:

4 Likes

Some signs I made using plywood, Oracal 810 masking, shellac and rustoleum spray paint.
I sanded the board and applied shellac
Sanded and sprayed a coat of paint
Sanded and sprayed 2nd coat
Let dry and applied vinyl masking
Engrave
Apply shellac to engraved wood
Spray paint
Remove mask
I have used the oramask 810 a few times and it has worked good. I used a 90 degree Diablo bit from HD

2 Likes

4 Likes

As always they look awesome!

1 Like

Very nice. These look very professional.

1 Like

I cut some coroplast on the XCarve over the weekend and it cut pretty good. I used a 1/16th Fishtail bit from Inventables

6 Likes

Very Nice Russel!

1 Like

@RussellCrawford Was the corrugated plastic painted then vinyl applied?

1 Like