Inventables Community Forum

A few projects that I have made

Sorry I said 60 degree, I used a 90 degree Diablo V bit from the big box store.

dangit…. wife just looked over my shoulder and saw your box…… guess I need to go glue up some wood now

1 Like

:man_facepalming:You better hurry, Valentines Day is Thursday. :flushed:

4 Likes

Some signs I made using plywood, Oracal 810 masking, shellac and rustoleum spray paint.
I sanded the board and applied shellac
Sanded and sprayed a coat of paint
Sanded and sprayed 2nd coat
Let dry and applied vinyl masking
Engrave
Apply shellac to engraved wood
Spray paint
Remove mask
I have used the oramask 810 a few times and it has worked good. I used a 90 degree Diablo bit from HD

2 Likes

4 Likes

As always they look awesome!

1 Like

Very nice. These look very professional.

1 Like

I cut some coroplast on the XCarve over the weekend and it cut pretty good. I used a 1/16th Fishtail bit from Inventables

6 Likes

Very Nice Russel!

1 Like

@RussellCrawford Was the corrugated plastic painted then vinyl applied?

1 Like

It’s all vinyl. I put the purple vinyl down first then cut it out on the XCarve. Then I applied the golden yellow vinyl.

2 Likes

These are for a friend of mine whose grandchildren are in Taekwondo, they’re for their belts. Popular wood.

1 Like

My daughters boyfriend “future son in law” is going to ask my daughter to marry him and my wife wanted me to make a box for the ring. I found this in the project section and made a few changes.

9 Likes

Very nice and congratulations.

2 Likes

They came out awesome Russell

1 Like

A made a baby swing a few years back before I had an XCarve for my daughter, then about 8 months ago I had to make one for my grandson and decided I would use the XCarve. It came out good but I needed to correct a few things and just put it off. Well a friend of mine wanted a baby swing for his grandson and I have another grandson coming in March of 2020 so I finally finished up the file and cut the swing on the XCarve. It cut great except I cut the pieces that hold the armrest to short so I cut out some caps to fit over it. Anyhow I thought I would share the file in case someone wanted to make a swing. I used 3/4" Cypress and on the first file in Easel is what I cut on the XCavre and the second page is what I cut on the table saw. I then used a 3/8" round over bit on the edges. I also used 18 feet of rope on the swing. The picture with Malcom swinging is the one that I built 8 months ago.



Good Luck
Russell

6 Likes

I was wandering if you used the X carve for more than the end caps! Nice work my friend.

1 Like

Thanks Steve,
I was going to cut 1/4" shims and glue it up but figured since I had a CNC that I would make my mistake look like part of the design.

I purchased a spindle sander last week and used it on a job that I cut out on the XCarve, the sander works great. I like that you’re able to sand the top and bottom at the same time.


I used a laser for the inlay.

3 Likes