A few projects that I have made

My daughters boyfriend “future son in law” is going to ask my daughter to marry him and my wife wanted me to make a box for the ring. I found this in the project section and made a few changes.

9 Likes

Very nice and congratulations.

2 Likes

They came out awesome Russell

1 Like

A made a baby swing a few years back before I had an XCarve for my daughter, then about 8 months ago I had to make one for my grandson and decided I would use the XCarve. It came out good but I needed to correct a few things and just put it off. Well a friend of mine wanted a baby swing for his grandson and I have another grandson coming in March of 2020 so I finally finished up the file and cut the swing on the XCarve. It cut great except I cut the pieces that hold the armrest to short so I cut out some caps to fit over it. Anyhow I thought I would share the file in case someone wanted to make a swing. I used 3/4" Cypress and on the first file in Easel is what I cut on the XCavre and the second page is what I cut on the table saw. I then used a 3/8" round over bit on the edges. I also used 18 feet of rope on the swing. The picture with Malcom swinging is the one that I built 8 months ago.

Good Luck
Russell

6 Likes

I was wandering if you used the X carve for more than the end caps! Nice work my friend.

1 Like

Thanks Steve,
I was going to cut 1/4" shims and glue it up but figured since I had a CNC that I would make my mistake look like part of the design.

I purchased a spindle sander last week and used it on a job that I cut out on the XCarve, the sander works great. I like that you’re able to sand the top and bottom at the same time.

I used a laser for the inlay.

3 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

I also tried the Spar Urethane clear and it works great, I cut out and painted a job yesterday and sprayed the clear on it today. I forgot who recommended it but thank you.

3 Likes

Nice job Russell the sander is on my list of things to get some day. Just need to figure out if i get one where to put it.

1 Like

Thanks Wayne, I had never used one but have always though about getting one. I saw that Steve Moloney and Steve Prior had them in the “show us your machine set-up” forum so I decided to get one. Plus I asked Steve Moloney if he liked it and he said yes. Sold
Russell

1 Like

They are definitely a great tool to have in the shop.
I’ve got the Grizzly model

1 Like

Watch the colors that you put the Varathane brand over, it has a much yellower tint than the Minwax Helmsman.

2 Likes

Thank you, I haven’t tried the Helmsman yet. I compared it to the board that I cut the ram head out of and the colors look the same but it is orange so it may be hard to tell. I will keep an eye on it next time I spray something.
Thank You
Russell

A friend owns a pharmacy and after doing a couple snowmen for the coffee k- cups I though I would design something for a him to hold his coffee. I did a prescription bottle

3 Likes

I’ve had that Rigid model for many years now and don’t think there’s a more used tool in my shop. Use it for almost everything I make and has I’m sure saved me countless hours over time.

1 Like

Lookin Good Russell!

2 Likes