Ability for smaller grid spacing

Ability to have a grid of smaller size than 1" i.e. 1/4" or 1/8" (metric uses a smaller spacing, but rather stay in inches).

This would help you position components more accurately of the work place.

3 Likes

Hmm I am not sure of what you mean

You can actually type in the position and size of pieces.
One can align piece as well.
There is no need to drag piece to some arbitrary line / grid by eye…

http://easel.inventables.com/help/creating-a-design/alignment-and-combining-shapes
http://easel.inventables.com/help/creating-a-design/shape-position-and-size

Now, snapping to objects etc would be nice, but that is a whole other feature.
The grid IMHO is simply cosmetic, and good for only rough estimates.

I believe the gentleman is referring to the 1 inch screen increments in Easel.

I agree. It would be nice to be able to work in smaller Imperial measurements in Easel. Like 1/16, 1/8, etc instead of full inches.

Waste board screen printing in Metric doesn’t really matter to me at all. Your right… Completely cosmetic.

Snapping to objects and/or to the nearest 1/16th would be nice too.

Mark

1 Like

I am aware of being able to move by typing in absolute measurements for X and Y, but snapping to a grid would be so much easier and faster particularly if the grid was smaller i.e. 1/4" or 1/8".

Bob

BobHewson, I’m a X-Carve newbie, and was wondering the same thing, did you ever get a response or get it figured out? Cause I would like to know also.

We have sent in a feature request for this a couple of times over the last couple of years an not heard anything back.

Maybe if more people sent in the request it would added to the development list?

Would be a great change!

Hi folks,

As it happens, @rodovich has been working on something like this. You are welcome to try it with the understanding that it is experimental (and that I will pester you later for feedback). You can enable / disable a more granular grid for yourself at Easel - Responsive editor grid . Be sure to leave some feedback there if you try it, too!

Cheers,
Aryeh

1 Like