Adding new Bits

Do you know the width of the “red” bit? Where do I find that info so I can use the bits I bought in the super pack?

It’s written on the plastic.

It’s a fishtail 2 flute down spiral 1/32” bit.

Or it’s a 2 flute ball nose 1/8”.

1 Like

seriously you just tried to slag Inventables for being “dumb”.

The bit info is indeed on the plastic ring…Look down while holding the bit…or flip over bit and look down again…

or…click on the super bit link on the inventables site…

wow, just wow…if you are struggling to find info as simple as the bit diameter and type, you are going to have a hard time with the real hard stuff, you may want to be a little more cordial, because it sounds like you may be posting questions here alot…

1 Like

yes, sorry that was a given in my world, I was more responding to the fact that he stated that Inventables has provided no info on the Bits he has purchased from them,

Ouch !!:joy::joy::joy:

ok, on the plastic Ring, It says “1/8 Ball 2F”
Thanks for being cordial, just frustrated. I bought the x carve because of this forum.

you started a post exclaiming a lack of intelligence from the people who sold you a do it yourself kit CNC kit. Your frustration turned to anger and, throwing insults, will get insults returned

I understand frustrated, The nickname of the Xcarve should be the “frustration generator 2000” I have wanted to take a sledge to the thing many time…then I remember, The machine doesn’t get happy it doesn’t get sad, it only runs programs…programs that only do what I tell it I want it do.

when I built my xcarve I had zero CNC knowledge, but I plugged away, building, learning READING everything on the forums, I didn’t ask one question before first doing my own research but never did I show up here insulting the machine or the people…because I know one day there would be something I couldn’t figure out and I would have to ask the veteran users here…

3 Likes

Yes, the first thing I found when researching CNC work, buy calipers, buy two sets…they are used constantly, and one of the first posts I read of Phils contained the best info ever, measure the diameter of bits, always…As a noob it would have never occurred to me to not trust the label on an end mill, Iol I was so naive

2 Likes

:thinking: :shushing_face: