Adding t-track clamps to our x-carve

I think I’ve got it now.

A second sacrificial wasteboard, carved from home position.

I can’t use Easel, no internet. How do I reference this new zero every time I use homing?

Phil

What are you using instead?
Send G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0 when you set your zero. That zero will persist until you intentionally change it. Just home, set Z, and carve.

Could I set G10 X50Y75 as a macro after homing to set th new home zero and save as a macro?

G10 needs a L2 or L20 following it. They do different things. What exactly are you trying to do with the X50Y75? Are you planning on changing your zero frequently?

I have had that issue a little bit. I find that if I’m using to strong a clamping pressure it tends to lift a little. I have countered this with one clamp usually in the middle of the longer axis of my workpiece. I know this doesn’t seem like it should be, but until I find a better solution, thats what I would have to do. As far as the file goes, I just measured my T-track and created a simple easel file. Added a little extra to the width in easel to account for clearance. All in all, I’m pretty happy with the setup.

I did mine and I love how it works for all sorts of materials. even foam. :smiley: