Adjusting cut width

My wife is an artist and craft designer she does sketches of items for me to cut she puts them on plain white paper then I convert them with Inkscape to svg. but the problem I have encountered is that when I cut them it read some lines thinner than others an it won’t cut through is there a trick or something that can enable me to make all the cuts consistent?

You can edit inside inkscape to use centerline and then by adjusting the depth (of a vbit) you’ll adjust the width

Seth, what is inkscape. I have a similar issue, trying to give myself a 1/4" juice channel on a cutting board, but I seen no width adjustment in the line tool. I can play with depth, but nothing I am seeing allows width adjustment.

For a juice Grove use a rectangle (add raised corners if you like) then use the offsetter v2 to offset by your 1/4"… make the inside rectangle 0 depth and you’re :+1:

Personally I’d use a Single rectangle and a box core bit the desired size and do a rectangle “inside the path” instead of a pocket with a specific thickness. :man_shrugging:

Inkscape is a graphic design software… free… that saves as SVG file types.
It does image tracing much better than easel too…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.