After zeroing, will not plunge far enough to carve

Im having an issue after I probe. Ive used both methods. Ive checked material thickness and my table level. Once I zero it, it moves over to the material/project area and moves like its carving but its a solid 3/8” over the material surface.

Where does the design & gcode come from? Is it Easel or is it from somewhere else?

{:0)

Brandon Larker

Do you have a video video that shows the whole Z in action?

Its all been designed within Easel, 100%. Ive ran the same project many times with zero issues. My sixth one yesterday just did not want to cooperate.

Its all been designed within Easel, 100%. Ive ran the same project many times with zero issues. My sixth one yesterday just did not want to cooperate.

But you follow the manual process for zeroing of Easel? Does is eventually touches the wood or it just starts in the air?

Your videos dont load for me

Correct. I do it manually and bring it down to the material. Once I do that, it raises then goes across. It only comes down about 3/4 of the way then stops. Same place it stops when using touch plate to probe. The z moves freely up and down so its not like its getting hung up on anything.

It might be multiple reasons, try to fix the links to the videos

Search forum for Z probe setup problem, you may need to reset the probe thickness.

And do you have homing switches? also were you in the machine inspector at all maybe unknowingly changed something?

Did you figure out your issue?

I did actually. Is what I did was bring my bit all the way down to the surface of my wasteboard at the very front. From there I did not touch my z. I moved my x and y all over and about 16” directly out it was 3/16” over the surface. Im sitting on a solid and level surface so I knew the middle couldnt be sagging. My front rail for whatever reason had started to bow upward… I clamped it down to my table and its 100% accurate across my whole work surface now. :man_facepalming:t2:

Your waste board must have taken on some moisture, good that you found it! should be an easy fix.

1 Like