Airbrushing work pieces

Hi,
Having cut various designs out of PVC I am starting to research airbrushing instead of simply using spray paint. I am wondering if anyone had made that investment and used an airbrush on their work. I’ve research several starter sets, and there are many one can select from. Finding a good set is not the issue. I am more interested in what acrylic paint is best to use. Or is latex a better choice?
Thanks so much!
Stefan

1 Like

I have 40 some cans of spray paint but this interests me and I would like to see the responses.

1 Like

I use acrylic paint that i get from Walmart it is the same paint my wife used when she did airbrushing. Trying to get her back to doing my signs. But after her stroke her hand is not steady as it was.

Hi,
Don’t want to be the guy who doesn’t pass on his experiences.

First off, airbrushing is not easy. Many things to consider, which brush, compressor air pressure, thinning ratio, needle adjustment to name a few. Below my first piece of work. Found this image online (no copy right I could find) to give it a try.

It took a while to figure things out, but once I did the results are okay. Still, need a lot more practice. If you have any specific questions let me know please.

1 Like

I use an IWATA HP-CS and love it. Perfect for smaller areas; I’ve used the Walmart acrylic paint (latex) and thin it down. Also used air brush paint from Hobby Lobby. You Tube is a wonderful wealth of knowledge.