Align object

What I am trying to understand is this, when I want to align 3 objects but want to have the middle object as the object to align to, how do I do that? In other words, the middle dot is at the correct place, how do I align the outer two circles without changing the position of the middle dot? (so the middle dot is the reference point?)

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-06 om 13.25.26

Select the object(s) that you do not want to move, and press the “Pin” button (looks like a pushpin) on the object control pane.

Capture

If you do not see this button on the object control pane, you will need to go to the Machine>General Settings menu option and check the “Enable Pinning Shapes” checkbox.

Just note that when an object is pinned, combining it with another object leaves the original and makes a copy to combine with the other object(s) you are combining with.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

Hi Brandon, thanks very much for this, this was exactly what I was looking for. I just moved to Easel after using Carbide Create and Carbide and Carbide Motion. I have one more question but I will do that in a new topic. Thanks, appreciate it!

1 Like

Not a problem at all; always glad to help where I can!

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.