Altering the way the X-controller jogs the router

I have a 1000mm x-carve with the x-controller and it’s been working well for me, but I wanted to try the ‘2.0 Platform’ version of UGS to take advantage of some of its features, but upon installation, it immediately indicated that it was updating my controller and now I can no longer properly jog the machine, even using ‘Classic’ UGS. The jog rates have been switched to micro steps. Jogging the platform an inch can take half a minute when before it would quickly jog per the jog size specified. Whatever the 2.0 Platform version of UGS did to the settings, I can’t figure out how to reset it. Cutting a file with the Classic version of UGS still works properly, it’s just the jogging. Anyone have a clue how to reset this?

In UGS you have the option to specify the jog speed, its in a seperate text box under X/Y/Z jog interval. Sure its not set very low?

1 Like

Agreed. The Step Speed was my issue. It was set to 100 and that was entirely too slow. I put it up to like 2000 and it got better. Just experiment with this number to what works for you.

1 Like