Amana Bits

Been reading that Amana bits are the way to go for the long haul. Are they worth the investment? I mainly carve signs in MDF and PVC.

2 Likes

yes, they are great. but there are other cutters out there if you’re on a budget.

1 Like

Who do you recommend?

1 Like

JERRAY CNC Carving 4.82 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Tip Radius=0.5mm X 1/4" Shank Tungsten Solid Carbide HRC55 with TiAIN Coated Router Bits

1 Like

I love my Amana RC-45711 BUT i don’t have ANY other Amana bits, the rest are just too expensive over their competitors bits.
I use a lot of SpeTools bits, Choose The Best CNC Router Bits for Your Project | spetools.com | SpeTool

they are budget friendly and the value out weighs the slightly longer lifespan of a higher quality material that you’d find in Amana and Whiteside bits, when I can get 2 or 3 spetools bits for the price of the same Amana, do you really think the Amana is going to cut for 3 times longer than the Septool without getting dull?? It isn’t,… maybe 1.25-1.5 as long, maybe…
So the Amana doesn’t really make itself worth it EXCEPT for some bits where there is not a similar competitor bit, like those carbide insert ones, where when it comes time to replace them, it would cost $25 for a competitors bit, but is only $7 for a carbide insert and I can rotate it at least once to a fresh cutting edge… as opposed to throwing the standard bits away and buying new…

1 Like

I have a number of Amana bits. Most are V bits with very specific angles to them. For other needs I have a lot of cheap Amazon bits and Freud bits from Home Depot. All seem to work, but some last more than others.

CNC bits with reputations for quality include Whiteside https://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/
and Cadence Manufacturing https://www.cadencemfgdesign.com/shop

1 Like

I love my amana end mills (I have a lot of different ones). I’ve found they just last longer particularly in long sessions in rough wood which generates a lot of heat. their coating does keep things working better (they got much happier when I swapped the collet out with a precision collet which holds them more rigidly. I haven’t used them in PVC since that cuts so smoothly I just use the inventables black straight 2-flute but for woods where temps can get high, the amana coating lasts better and slides through more cleanly. They also have some interesting tapered mills.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.