Angus's linuX-Carve

Left side with one corner on each side. Also you are not planning to use all 4 holes?

I see that now, 80/20 for 15 series I ordered take 4 bolts.
https://8020.net/shop/4336.html

I opted for this type of corner joint, they were not that expensive at all directly from 80/20 considering they came with nuts and bolts already. (don’t mind the rest in pic very much work in progress)

Thanks Martin, I’ll keep that in mind.

Of all the corner joints I tried I believe this is my favorite type

80/20 is my gold mine, you can find them in internal connectors category. The ones you see here are 15 series 1.5inch, Xcarve is using their 10 series I believe.

I wondered what that drill bit was for… too late!

I hear ya. I ended up pulling an all nighter because I started after the kids went to sleep and ended up going well into the next day before it was carving. At least 12 hours

Angus - did you nick the dog’s food bowl for the screws? Poor dog! :smile:

Parallel port? Geckos? Mach3? LinuxCNC?

@AngusMcleod Which motherboard? I’m in the market for new one - linuxcnc.

I thought they were pipe caps.

1 Like

did you get your stuff?

I’m in a holding zone until the X-controller arrives, as I don’t want to have rewire my SuperPID again, so just waiting. Then it’s off to cutting (until my new 3D printer arrives shortly then it’s back to building). At least I don’t have to deal with customs, just a 60-80 hours/week job!

OK this is killing me, I have to ask ! Where the hell do you live ?

OK I don’t feel sorry for your troubles anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

Paradise has thorns. :smile:

Yes, I have this:

and NOT this:

We all find our paradise eventually.
I swapped this

For this - although the enormous shed that goes with the house was more a deciding factor than the view. Lots of room for my own Linux XYZ-Carve :grinning: