Another clock face

How long did your wine clock take? Is the time remaining in UGS Accurate ?

I had to pause mine last night, I hope it picks up where it left off. It had sent about half the lines.

I will have to look when I get back home, my old brain isn’t what it used to be.

1 Like

@PhilJohnson I used your single pass settings from the other thread, only change was 30 degree bit. I think it came out well.

2 Likes

still wrapping my head around the template. Do you use it to cut just the pocket or for also cutting the outside edge?

Here is my plan:
flip the clock over use the template to find the center by jogging the machine. take those X & Y coordinates and use them to center the pocket in easel. Then do the same for the outside cut. Wish me luck.

1 Like

Have you tried your sanding sealer (Minwax water based) on a paint filled carving yet? How did it work for you vs the shellac method?

Good to hear. I’ll try the water based sealer when I run out of my lacquer based sealer. Less fumes will be a good thing.

1 Like

Hours spent trying to figure out how to center the pocket and the outside cut. Easel wont let you pick a different home position. So got the outside to cut where I want, if I cut it from the front. still not sure how to get the pocket centered on the back. I suppose after I cut the circle i can tell easel the round part is an 11" square. Must sleep now my brain hurts.

Thanks Phil I realized that after a few hours of staring and moving things around laying the template ontop trying to measure things. Then it was like a light bulb went on. You are exactly right I was over thinking it.

As far as I can tell easel always wants the lower left corner for a home position. Every time I start a carve it moves from the lower left. Am I missing something?

over thinking again, man that is simple. thanks again or the help.

1 Like

With the help and patience of @PhilJohnson I have completed my first clock. Thanks for the design and help Phil, now to try and design my own.

1 Like

I used poplar and spray shellac, was gonna paint it but the wife liked it like that.

1 Like

I might try some Mohegany.

1 Like

I think I just got lucky with this piece, the last piece I had about two months ago was green.

1 Like

For the motorhome

1 Like

For my niece

1 Like

I have seen all these nice clocks.
What about custom created clock hands?
The X-carve can cut metal right? LOL
I could drum up some designs from any ones sketches.
I would need the dimensions of the clock hands first of course.

I plan on doing one soon. its going to have a relief look or I may do an inlay.
I have not decided yet.
This tread is very cool as it gives lots of cool ideas.