Another edge light (batman) my own design

Very nice. Post a pic of the finished item…

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Awesome work Phil, these remind me of the George Clooney Batman movie where he had a seemingly permanent laser light show going on in the Bat Cave for no reason :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Very nice.

1 Like

Well done Phil. My pick is the blue one.

1 Like

That looks very good Phil, why do you still have a day job?

2 Likes

That is absolutely amazing, Phil. I ordered my X-Carve a few days ago and according to the tracking it finally left Chicago this morning. I absolutely can’t wait for it to arrive so I can spend about 20 years trying to figure out how to use it. No experience at all except the reading I’ve been doing on this forum so I have a LONG way to go.
Dumb question: is the top wood piece (it looks like walnut to me) done in one piece or are there a number of pieces glued to the flat piece? I told you it would be a dumb question but I really have a lot to learn.
Thanks,
…Gord

1 Like

super nice Phil! How deep is the pocket for the Plexi?

1 Like

Very cool!!! Is that Plexiglass? No troubles with it melting?

1 Like

@PhilJohnson that is beautiful. Any chance you’ll share what bit you used, feed rate, and depth of cut?

1 Like

@PhilJohnson its awesome!!! How Do you Do the batmobil stand? 3D carved?

1 Like

You mean .1 inch deep right?

@PhilJohnson If you made YouTube video tutorials on all the cool stuff you do, I’m sure that in a year you’d have a couple of hundred thousand subscribers and sponsors would be throwing money at you. There are a few channels like Bob’s “I Like to Make Stuff” (who’s a member on this forum) who have been able to unlock the golden handcuffs, but I’m sure it’s a lot more work than what we see on camera. I wouldn’t suggest this to just anyone, but you’re stuff is amazing and you’re unbelievably prolific. Just a thought…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Man, is there anything you can’t do?

1 Like

RobertCanning- not sure if the shipping costs are significantly higher for you but here is a good source that I have found so far: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AEAG2E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This may not be the cheapest around but it has been reliable for laser and rotary work.

V/R
J.R.

Sweet result. Love me some batman.

1 Like

Wow… Your bed is a lot flatter and level than mine… Good to know tho!

Very nice and creative design.

Amazing! Can you give me the cut specifications? You sad you use a 20° bit, but for the engraving or for the cut or both? Of what cutting diameter? What rpm of the spindle? Thanks!

Thanks! I have two more question:

1. how deep for the etching
  2. i have a quite cut spindle, what RPM do you suggest?