Another free project for Vectric users

I am tired of trying to explain this. If you want to believe that your detail pass is running at 120 ipm. Fine, Knock yourself out. Set it to 500 ipm and tell yourself it is running 5 times faster.

1 Like

That’s not a response I would have ever expected from you Allen. I hope it makes you feel better. I guess I’ll try to figure out your point through osmosis.

1 Like

I have done my best to explain it, obviously I am not able to explain it in terms others can understand. This is a failing on my part and I am not sure how to get past it, so I am just going to stop. It is not that big a deal, your carving will work fine, it is not worth another thousand words going back and forth.

Ok I read back over the thread, I don’t think we’re trying to get to the same place. Your point is that the speed will slow down during the finishing pass due to Z axis movement. That is correct. My question is. (I know you use M3 with the speedometer). What are you running yours at and why is it better. My thought is that 60 or 70 ipm will slow down the same way. Why the animosity towards setting your federate at 120 ipm?

1 Like

I have no animosity at all toward any feedrate. I support equal feedrates for all!

How politically correct of you. Lol. Have a good day Allen. Thanks for trying.

2 Likes