Any help identifying this wood?

I’d guess cherry also. I have a number of live edge cherry boards in my garage right now. I can take some pictures if needed, for comparison. Mine is from southern Minnesota.

I am curious to see them if you don’t mind.

sure … here you go - the last one shows the bark a little better: I was told this was black cherry.

![20180425_204018|281x500]
(upload://hTzMOmvlyMEU4zA7c6MvJSRseNX.jpg)![20180425_204138|690x387](upload://vNt7KKzZfRombS08NC3v4fRgg88.jpg)

1 Like

I think I have a piece of Black Cherry. I’ll see if I can find it and do a compare. Hope its still around…

That does not look like ash to me. Ash usually has straighter grain. I’d go with cherry although I am not a wood connoisseur but between the flavors you mentioned cherrys my vote too.

Cherry.

I found it. When I purchased that piece I was told it was “Black Cherry” and I labeled it as such. Although the barks match it is kinda hard to say the grain is a good match. But, given that there were probably obtained at the same time, the barks match, and the majority opinion here is Cherry, I am going to mark it as Cherry and move on.

Big thanks to everyone’s assessment and input.