Any interest in a Makita RT0701 spindle mount for X-Carve

Hi Bret, I am indeed making more. Fill out the form at the top to get on the list, and I’ll let you know when they are done.

Is my mount shipped yet?

nope, when I get them, I’ll ship them

I signed up using your form yesterday and have a couple questions.

I am a little confused and want to be certain on how many of the delrin nuts are required to use this mount with the Acme screw. I also am not getting any mount with my X-carve so do I need to be ordering any additional parts?

Hi Craig;

Only one Delrin nut is required to use the mount, but I give you the option of using two for less backlash. The mount will ship with the bolts for the spindle mount itself. I also ship some slightly longer m5 bolts for the 4 v-wheels. My spindle base plate is .250" thick, much thicker than the standard spindle plate, so longer bolts are needed. Also note that you have the option of using 6 v-wheels on this plate, rather than just 4. I do not provide the hardware for this.

So I think you will have everything you need but, I reserve the right to be wrong :wink:

-Cheers

John.

1 Like

I signed up maybe a couple of weeks ago - haven’t heard a thing, not even a confirmation. Did you get my info, John?

Hey Tony, and everyone, let me just put this out there again :wink:

If you filled out the form, your on my list… I’ve not been sending email updates because its easier to update this group. I’m waiting on the next batch from my machinist, which I was already hoping to have, but has been delayed on his end. Rest assured that as soon as I get them, I will inspect them, package the hardware, and ship them off within a few day, When I get them, you will receive an invoice via Paypal. I won’t ship any that have not been paid.

Some of you have already been invoiced and payed. Thank You! Your mount will ship just as soon as I get them,.

Cheers, and thanks for your patients

John

2 Likes

I just want to take a second and say Thank You to everyone who has one on order, and to everyone who already has one! To date I have orders for / shipped a total of 21 of these mounts! Pretty crazy I think.

Thanks again!

John

2 Likes

Im in for The full package with screws needed ready for mounting. Shipped to Denmark. I currently run the standard spindle and just got the makita so can’t wait to try out this strong setup.

My email is rasmuspalmqvist@gmail.com

Im now also on the official list:)

Rasmus - if you want (and you’re from the copenhagen area) then maybe we could have ours sent together to save on shipping. I’m from Denmark too :smile:

1 Like

Ja lad os det eller evt få dem skåret herhjemme.

Let me know how you guys want to do this. That works for me though :wink:

@BretPalsson

Have you had the chance to confirm if the 25280-01 and 25280-02 are in fact the same nut?

Any news on production and shipment. Soon ready for mounting the Makita for testing and tuning.

They are in production… soon my friend, soon.

3 Likes

I stopped by today and got this quick pic… I felt like you guys deserved some proof for all your waiting :wink:

4 Likes

I stopped by again today guys and the should all be done tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday, at the latest. Once I get them, I’ll package them up with all the necessary screws and parts to put it together… If all goes as planned, they should go out Saturday or Monday at the latest.

As a side note, The machinist, Phillip, had his truck stolen from the front of his office this past Saturday… The keys were in his office, on his desk, so someone clearly knew what they were looking for. Crazy shit.

@JohnScherer
Have you already contacted everyone that will be getting one out of this batch or will you wait until you have them in hand?

Thanks, Craig

Niiiiice :clap: :+1: :slight_smile: Cant wait to get it,I am tired of my weak stock spindel

Hip hooray :slight_smile: Finaly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sorry about the car,scumbags always find their way :rage: