Any way to turn off or override the snap function when editing points?

My number one desire for Easel is about to arrive! Yay!

@EricDobroveanu need beta testers?? Sign me up!

1 Like

I dont think this needs to be beta tested. In fact, the change is now live! :tada: :tada: :tada:

For Mac users, hold Opt and for Windows users hold Alt

Check out the screenshot below:

6 Likes

Just tried it. Works great.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeehaw!! Bless you Mr. codeslinger, nice programming.

Now…if you’d let me carve deeper than my material, that would be next on my list of mods in Easel. Give a red text warning or something, but I want to go deep man!

Haha, I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but you can always just set your material thickness deeper. I don’t want to derail this thread with non-relevant discussion, but I can say we’ve discussed how to handle that use-case better.

1 Like

Bug Report:

The Alt button does indeed turn off the Snap to line feature, however, on occasion, it still snaps to line even when you’re holding the alt button.
I’ll hold the alt button, and move my mouse to where I want to place the point, hit the button, and the point snaps over to a grid point.

Hit what button?

I have good results with: hold ALT key, click and move the selected point, let go of mouse button, release the ALT key. Puts the point exactly where I want it.

THE mouse button. When I click the mouse button to place a point, it jumps to a diffrerent point.
No biggy, I found a different way to do what I wanted. I just figured they’d appreciate a big report.

I have a macbook and I could not figure out what the ‘0pt’ button was, it is the alt or Option button.

Works great, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Hold “ALT” while moving a point and it won’t snap.