Wife was super good to me on my birthday this year. :grinning:

6 Likes

And so the fun / frustration beginsā€¦:wink:
(but more fun)

3 Likes

Awful nice of her to buy you a wasteboard :smile:

1 Like

Yea, what can I say - sheā€™s a giver. :slight_smile:

Ok. That really did make me laugh out loud.

I may be giving spoilers here but she did give me more than just a waste board. Like any good movie, the story will unfold (and hopefully it wonā€™t be a comedy or classic tragedy).

1 Like

Are youā€¦making cookies?

2 Likes

No worries, Iā€™m a fan of the mystery genre as well.

Welcome to the club. A lot of folks on here are super helpful. The Inventables team is also quick to support any questions. If you run into any issues, donā€™t hesitate to post it here. Be sure to search as well as there is already a wealth of knowledge on the forum as others have worked through their builds.

Yea, I have picked up on that. About the same time I posted this thread I also posted an introduction one in the x-carve root category. I mentioned it there and will say here alsoā€¦I have been lurking here for awhile learning as much as I can - and I have already learned a lot and, unlike in other forums, old timers are willing to help. If I do run into issues, and I quite possibly will, I will certainly ask this community but not after a search - I always do that first.

No, itā€™s a breakfast table. Nice gift. She also ordered this one which shipping cost is a high $.

1 Like

I guess its a good way to keep your bacon and eggs in line, eh?

1 Like

I love bacon!

1 Like

Really nice cutting board! Make sure to oil it all up and was it.

ā€œAnybody want to guess what I am doing?ā€

ā€¦ getting ready to ask @PhilJohnson for helpā€¦ Its okā€¦ we all do it.

2 Likes

Made some headway today. Had to stop though because one of the v-wheel bolts didnā€™t have the Allen wrench hole in it (manufacturing fail). I called and they are sending me some replacements but, until they arrive, I am in a holding pattern.

1 Like

Just be sure and use ā€œLock Titeā€ on all you set screws! See ā€œWas about to sell the X-Carveā€¦ whenā€ article and understand why!

I just read that posting about 30 minutes ago. I decided I would pick some up tomorrow and reset those set screws. I donā€™t believe my thread shaft has the flat side either and I certainly donā€™t want to experience what you did.

its getting exciting isnā€™t it??
Almost like you donā€™t want to go to bed.

Yes it is. Very much. I spent 3 1/2 hours today in the garage with no distractions or reasons to rush. Kinda hated that I had to stop when I did (canā€™t go farther till I get the bolt for the v-wheel). But, it is what it is.

I have been looking at the many items others have made and have come up with an idea, something I have not seen, and I canā€™t wait until I can start tackling that. Thing is, it works just fine in my mindā€¦just need to see how reality will play it out.

1 Like

Nice, makes me want to take mine apart and build it again.

1 Like

Huge nod to inventables. I called them yesterday about the bad bolt. They said I would have it in a couple of daysā€¦it arrived today! They sent it next day air.

4 Likes