Anyway to verify position

no clue out of my league with that one

Dont know why you´d want that, Easel will show you the machine and work coordinates just fine - simply open Easel → Machine Inspector when the machine is on.

While this is true, it will not allow for adjustments during a job

What kind of adjustments?

Feed rate is the biggest one.

I second what Charley said above. The only bias here is that I own and LOVE my Triquetra. Worth every penny.

1 Like

By default, GRBL allows a maximum feed increase of 200%. That percentage cannot be increased on the fly, but you can modify that maximum percentage when you compile the firmware.
That said, I’d argue that you probably should get better at choosing an initial feedrate rather than mess with that value.

I agree with you. But I don’t know what an acceptable feed rate is and it’s a catch 22…you have to burn wood to figure that out. I have no idea how fast I can run it but the guitar model was run at 222. It took 3 days to do the cross parallel finishing passes…the whole top of the guitar took just over 40 hours. I’m patient but not when it turns out looking like that.

1 Like

Don’t hesitate to ask here.

And to help us, ask a specific question with your intended goal.
Like “how to reduce carve time for this and that”, “how to improve my workflow” plus provide example, either share your Easel file is possible, or atleast a screen shot. Those are visual clues that help us understand your scenario better and faster.

The best way to “verify position” is to have a known, fixed reference point.
The homing switches syncronize the work coordinates with machine coordinates and the precision is defined by the accuracy of your switches.
Prerequisite - work piece is secured / not shifted.

If the work piece change between sessions a 3-edge finder may be better suited.

Larger carves (in duration) may be better to split up into smaller sub-carves.
Easier to adress / resolve if issues arise.

None of those did get it right the first time either :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok i went to easel but there is no Machine inspector there only machine and there is no console window in the machine section to say the least i’m a little confused

On a PC press CTLR+SHIFT+D (Mac => CMD+SHIFT+D)

ok i got the change made in machine settings now it won’t acknowledge the ground on the probe?

never mind some how i got it working after about the 5 try