Aspire 4.5 question

Is there someone that might be able to help me? I am looking to purchase an X Carve in the next several months to place in the basement of my RV. I am using Aspire 4.5 and then cutting on a ShopBot PRT48x96. In the Aspire software there are many post processors available to choose from. Which one has been successful to those of you using Aspire 4.5 on the X Carve?

Thank you in advance,
Terry

There is a specific Shapeoko 2 post pro available for download (on the S2 forum). Works great.

Your RV has a basement?

4 Likes

guys big question. waiting on xcarve to come in and bought aspire 8.0. i have some files i purchased and didn’t realize they are stl files. is there anyway that i could convert these files to crv file for aspire to open and read. please help.

From the Vectric website, Aspire will “Import 3D files - STL, DXF, OBJ, SKP, V3M, CRV3D, 3DCLIP”

You shouldn’t need to convert them.

In order to import some files in Aspire, you need to start a new project and specify your workspace, then the full “Import” menu item becomes active, which should allow you import stl files.

ok i will have to give that a try. i am new to vectric and i am just trying to figure things out. thanks for the help

is that the shapeoko 2 forum you are referring to? and do you have a link?
thanks

Inventables has a post processor you can download for the xcarve on the vectric vcarve product page.

Heres the link

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/v-carve-pro

1 Like

awesome thanks!