Auto-spindle has quit working

I’ve had my spindle hooked up to a relay for quite some time now, using the x-controller to operate it. Today the auto function does not seem to be working.If I plug the spindle set-up direct to power it works, so I know that is not the issue. If I plug my shop vac into the relay it doesn’t come on. What sort of voltage should I see from the control leads to relay to actuate the relay so I can check that after a locate a 9v battery for my multi-meter??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: And has anyone had an issue with their lot relay just crapping the bed???

You don’t say what type of relay you’re using. I’m using the IoT relay and occasionally the wire/plug will come loose. Check your connections on both ends, perhaps it’s something very simple.

yeah, checked all that, everything is good. This is my relay.51UkBI6 tmL

See if the relay is operating properly. You can check it with a 9v battery.

Well, we’ll see what happens when I go to do the second stage of the carve. Was just going to run my spindle manually, logged back into Easel, re-homed the machine after I shut it down and tried auto by chance and it’s working again. So now I’m at the conundrum of how to troubleshoot something that’s working now.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :wink: