Automatic 3-axis in Easel - Yes! it's possible

I wish that Charlies 3 axis block could work within easel since that is the only software that I use for now. Traxxtar, it is too bad that you couldn’t find the script for the windows version, thanks for trying!

1 Like

You could just program the Windows script like I did, it’s not hard. Did you try importing the script I made for the Mac version into Windows? I don’t know if that would work, but it might. You might also contact the company who developed the app and see if they have a converter.

I use my 3-axis auto probe all the time in Easel with QuicKeys, it’s a huge time saver.

1 Like

no I haven’t . I will try it sometime today an see what happens. I was just following this thread and I thought it was interesting that the block can be use through Easel. And you are right, its gotta be time saving! Thanks again Traxxtar!

1 Like

I have finally found some time to start working on this 3 Axis zeroing inside of Easel. The Christmas sale kept me working every single day since Thanks Giving and that included Christmas day all the way up through the first week of January.

No that I have taken some time to work on it I think I have come up with something that will allow Windows users to zero all three axis inside of Easel using script created with AutoHotKey. It isn’t quite as slick as the one by @Traxxtar but the cost is $0.00. The program he used is available for Windows XP and according to him will run with windows 7 but I tried it with Windows 10 with no luck at all. Even if it would work it cost about $45.00 if I remember right and I don’t think too many people are going to want to pay that additional amount.

So anyway, I have a working version of the script and have had it tested by one other Easel User and he tells me that it works just fine. My problem here is that I am writing a script for a machine that I don’t have. Yes I do have a 1000mm X Carve but it has been converted to Mach3, so I can’t test it myself.

I would like to connect with some Easel Users who would like to test it since I can’t. My plan is to incorporate the generation of the script into the Triquetra Tool Box so when the end user creates his or her script it will be created for their particular touch plate. One of the beauties of this is that you will only need one file for all of your various bits.

I am hoping to get the new year started off right. by introducing Easel compatibility to the Triquetra Arsenal so that Easel users can enjoy the benefits of 3 axis zeroing.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea Charlie. I would love to help you out but my 3 axis block from you is still not hook up to my machine. Im still waiting for my xcontroller so I can hook it up. I hope that some others users can help you out with this. I would if I could with no doubt.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @AntonioSantiago. Hopefully you will get your X Controller soon so you can start making stuff. Dou you have a date that it should be there? Let me know if you need any help getting things setup and going. Wiring your Triquetra Touch Plate is easy with the X Controller. Just wire it directly to the back of the controller using the red wire going to the Probe terminal and the black wire to the ground terminal next to it. If you have already wired the Gantry with the probe input then you can use the Green and Black Plug and connect my wiring to that and just plug it in when you want to use the Touch Plate. Here is a picture of the back of your controller with red arrows showing where to connect the probe wiring.

1 Like

ups said that I should get it tomorrow but who knows, you know how they are when it comes to service. Thanks for the info. I should have it hooked up by this weekend coming up. Busy, busy!!!

1 Like

Looking forward to this. Thank you for everything you do to make our projects better.

1 Like

@AntonioSantiago Just let me know when you have things up and running and I will get with you about the script.

Charley

1 Like

I sure will, thanks Charley for all your hard work and helping a lot of us out!

1 Like

Let me know when you’re ready to test. I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

I’d be happy to test it on mine too.

1 Like

I have what I believe to be the final version of the script to zero all three axis in Easel for Windows based PC’s. You can actually manipulate your design in easel and when your ready just hit the hot key sequence to launch the Macro and it will go from there. Just follow the prompts and it will zero all three axis.

It has built in timers while zeroing each axis. If you do nothing after it starts zeroing then after 10 seconds it will automatically continue to the next axis. Or, you can hit the space bar as soon as it stops at any axis while zeroing and it will immediately resume greatly shortening the time it takes to touch all three.

It is working with both the Generation 1 controller and the X Controller and both Easel and Easel Pro. I believe it is ready to be released. The script is created by the Triquetra Tool Box which will be a free update for all owners.

Since I updated my X Carve to a Mach3 Controller I am unable to make an honest video showing the entire thing in real time. I have a video that is a screen capture of zeroing in Easel but my Generation 1 Controller is just sitting on a table with 3 stepper motors spinning in the air. That wouldn’t make for a good video. If someone that doesn’t own a triquetra touch plate would be willing to make a “Quality” video I would give the the entire Triquetra Touch Plate Kit for free. By quality I mean a video tutorial that covers everything from installation to the bit sitting at XYZ zero. It needs good lighting and not to be rude, but not a real shaky cell phone video. Some cell phones take great video which is fine but being hand held I see a lot of them that have a ton of shake in them. Below is the video I grabbed from my computer monitor yesterday that shows the script running in Easel.

3 Likes

Charlie… if you are willing to take a chance on a dude from up North, happy to take this on for you.

To make it fair, if the video doesn’t meet your standards, I will pay the full pop. (Was planning to buy one anyway)

Let me know if interested…

Ron

1 Like

I certainly don’t have a problem with your geographical location, nor race, or any other thing that keep you from being a true Texan!! Just kidding. I’m not really expecting a professional video, just one that represents the quality of the product I am selling. To save us both some time, do you have any video’s on Youtube that you have published. If not do you have a sample that I could see? You can email me direct at charleyntexas@gmail.com

Thank you sir,

Charley

1 Like

Charley,
I am curious if you were able to test with an arduino/gshield setup? I currently do not run an x-controller and would be interested if your tool box works with my setup? I do have your touch plate but not your toolbox at the moment.

Thanks
Roy

1 Like

If anyone using a MAC has any issues with AutoHotKeys app that @Traxxtar suggested, here’s another option. I had a problem with the trial version of AutoHotKey so I had to look for alternatives.

I’ve been using Keyboard Maestro. It’s worked great. Same solution as AutoHotKeys. Go to your chrome tab for your project, put in a hotkey command and it will start a 3 axis zero with Charley’s zeroing block. Below is the expported script I use.

Easel Zero XYZ Axis.kmmacros (19.4 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks, this one worked for me. I was getting frustrated. How hard is it to change the browser from Chrome to Firefox? I have issues with Chrome in my computer displaying the previews in Easel. Yours works for me in Chrome but I use Firefox most of the time. Is it as easy as changing your settings to Firefox? Any info would be appreciated

1 Like

The script should work in any browser, it’s just replicating keystrokes. It’s Easel’s ability to support and work with the browser that’s the issue.

1 Like

Thanks, I managed to get yours working finally. Just my own mistakes balling me up but all good now. Thanks for making making easier.

2 Likes