Auxiliary outputs

Does anybody use the auxiliary outputs on the back of the control box for anything? I was told by Inventibles when they are enabled in the machine settings, they will put out 5 volts when the spindle turns on and go away when the spindle goes off. That being said, I am going to use for my dust collection. I am an electrician and understand what I can do to make it work. I am going to control a relay with a 5 volt coil to switch the 120 volts. Just wondering if anyone has used this feature. I am not opening the control box…I know it will void the warranty.

I know that with your background this is probably “the easy way out” but I figured I’d throw it out there as an option …

you could use an IOT Relay like this one (sold out on Amazon at the moment but available through other vendors still) and simply connect that 5V and ground to the signal and use standard 120V plugs, the relay is already housed inside. :smiley:
https://amzn.to/3VVU7Vv

1 Like

I use the IOT relay for spindle control (x-carve, not pro) and the following This item is unavailable - Etsy for my Dust control as the IOT relay would not support the 16A draw of the Dust unit. With the ETSY kit I replaced the supplied 10a switch with a 20A switch. The good thing with this option is that it allows a manual “on” switch as well as an automatic one for the dust controller.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I found that relay and ordered it. We’ll see what happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.