Aztec Star Wars dial

Understood. Thanks for all your help.

After several MDF attempts with final success , i decided to step it up a notch and create the dial on sheet pvc.
I looks pretty good I think, my only issue is the remnant pvc pieces that have refused themselves to the carve.
Settings 60 degree v bit, 100 ipm, .0625" per pass
The carve took approx 9+ hours, i am thinking about running the carve again (with a deeper per pass amount, to speed the carve up) to just clean out the debris, (or the old fashion way of picking out all the extra pieces with a little scraping tool)
Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful

You donā€™t have a dust shoe? And yes all my vcarve I run twice.

1 Like

Dust shoe was removed in this carve do to, it being to be adjusted to stop it from ruinning carve

may someone kindly show a step by step on how to do this properly.
i looks very complicated. kindly begin from the 1step please.

may you help me set this step by step on easel?

what bit was used on this?

Youā€™ll need to use a program like vcarve to create the gcode to send it to the xcarve

Ok, I did the Aztec and the starwars, but both came out with much more detail and less surface area than what anyone here is showing. will attch pic.

can someone please tell me what Iā€™m doing wrong. is it from when I I upload this file from the web?
sorry if this has already been answered

1 Like

When you create your v-carve toolpath enter a flat depth

1 Like

they are both inverted.
i.e. you carved away what is supposed to be left untouched, and vice versa.

The easy fix is to draw a circle around the whole thing and let it rework the toolpaths.
Or, if a circle outline is already there, delete it.

I donā€™t know what software you use, but a preview window is a machinists best friend

1 Like

need to select all vectors then deselect the outer most vector

2 Likes

thanks Frederic, will give that a try. if its so you just saved me a lot of headache

This thread should be removed. The guy has stolen someone elses artwork and is actively distributing it around the internet.

what makes you think this is acceptable? The guy worked for a really long time to make this and you just rip it and go spread it around the internet. Not cool

He is not selling them just carved one for himself. what is the issue? You could make your same argument from 90% of the posts on here. Have you ever used an image from the internet as part of a carve?

1 Like

@BlueLocktite
Hi there nice to meet you the battle continues

2 Likes

The original artist makes his living selling art. He even sells large engravings of this piece.

The OP didnā€™t just carve one for himself. Heā€™s posting the file all over the internet and attempting to sell them on eBay. Iā€™ve already had him shut down in multiple places but he keeps popping back up.

Everyone here knows itā€™s wrong, but they just let it happen. I donā€™t mind speaking up

Well if he is selling the fileā€¦ then I think that is a different situation.

I dont in some of those cases, and theres a huge difference between making something for personal use - and ripping someones design, posting it all over the internet causing someone to lose business who sells the same thing, all while trying to sell them yourself on ebay without permission.

None of which ive done. Fan art is lawful. Selling someone elses IP is not.