Back in the saddle

I purchased a 1000mm X-Carve a couple years ago with a Dewalt router. I made a waste board and tested the machine, but due to life events the machine has sat there basically unused. I decided to sell it and buy another one to build from scratch.

Sounds rough but happy to have you back into it! Hard to set hobbies and such aside.

For bits, I think the sets that Inventables sells on this very site are well-priced and a great place to start and get the basics in one easy swoop (I think I got the super set and the detail set). I have no complaints on them, anyway. Has different sizes, cut patterns, etc. and all nicely color coded.

To keep growing the collection, people on this site directed me to an ebay seller named “drillman1” who has an extensive range of product that he sells at a great price with fast shipping, etc.

2 Likes

Sisco

I agree with @DrewKasel I am doing all wooded signs and using the bits from inventables

1 Like

You can also get 90 and 60 degree bits from the big box store and occasionally a 1/4 spiral bit. I also get t-slot bits there. Everything else I get from inventables. Welcome back!!

BTW you can check out some of my videos to help get you started.

2 Likes

I ordered some bits from Inventables to get myself started…

(2) Solid Carbide 1 Flute Engraving Bit 0.01"
(2) Solid Carbide 1 Flute Upcut End Mill 1/8"
(2) Solid Carbide 2 Flute Straight End Mill 1/8"
(2) Solid Carbide 2 Flute Ball End Mill 1/8"
(2) Solid Carbide 2 Flute Downcut Fish Tail Spiral Bits 1/8"
(1) Solid Carbide 2 Flute Downcut Fish Tail Spiral Bits 1/16"
(2) Solid Carbide 2 Flute Upcut Fish Tail Spiral Bits 1/8"
(1) Solid Carbide 2 Flute Upcut Fish Tail Spiral Bits 1/16"

I figure it should be a good start.

2 Likes