Bar stool curved surface

Hi there,

I want to make a bar stool with a simple but consistent curved surface and I have NO idea how to set that curve (or wherever is named) in Easel.

Is it possible? Do I need to use any plugin or maybe another tool?

I will appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks!!

example|239x99

You can use the super gradient generator to make the contour close to that, it would take some sanding to get it perfect though… because super gradient makes a bunch of steps, you can increase the step count to do less sanding. But then the carve will take longer…

It sounds very good.

What type of carving bit should I use for soft pine?

Thank you!

1 Like

Well easel will only show what an endmill looks like, but I would set easel to an endmill and use the same size ball bit instead, that will reduce the step sizes a little bit…

I’ve actually made those type of stools before I had a cnc,… I used a template and cut strips to rough size on the band saw, and then using a pretty perfectly contoured piece by sanding to the printed template edge, I used the router table to contour all of the rest to match perfectly, and then edge glued my strips together to make the stool top… would have been a lot easier on the CNC though :laughing:

1 Like

Here is one example similar to what you are looking for. As previously mentioned, I used the Super Gradient Generator app.

Here are the steps:

1. Set material to desired depth; I have it set to 2"
  2. Create a 10" x 10" square, set the lower-left corner to (0, 0)
  3. Select the square, and then go to the Super Gradient Generator app.
  4. Set the Curve type to “ease-out”
  5. Set the End Depth to 0.5"
  6. Set the Steps to 100
  7. Set Direction to “Right”
  8. Select Import
  9. Select all objects and Copy/Paste
  10. While still selected to the newly created objects, go to Edit>Flip Horizontal

You will then have what is shown in the file below, a 10" x 20" piece. You can then change the Cut Settings as you see fit.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

Thanks dude, I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

That’s great! Thank you so much for it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.