Batteries for LED strip 12 inches long?

Weird, I really thought there was a special cleaner LOL.

doesn’t work as well as your would think you still need light to go thru the etched pieces otherwise it just looks dark.

So here’s how I do it. I get a 3/4 to 1 in piece of wood route the sides with a round over bit. Then I cut the piece of wood long ways down the middle. Then I take whatever cnc machine is working for me lol and I put a pocket it in it for the lights and the plug. And then I use the xcarve or piranha to carve out a .250 hole in the top for whatever size sign I’m doing. Put my choice of color in the bottom and glue it together. Once it’s glued together I sand it down and make it look pretty I generally don’t stain cause I’m a natural wood type of guy. I will sometimes use mineral oil and wipe on poly to seal it. Then I put the sign and out to whoever has requested it. The flame edge I have done. It doesn’t brighten the sign up however for aesthetics it looks alot better just don’t keep the flame on thier to long otherwise it would start doing strange things

Flame too long results in a frosty edge

flame to long results in melting and bubbling of the acrylic.

I wish I had soldering capabilities like that

1 Like

base design with rounder conner

The design it can be made wide so that they will more space to hide the color reciver.
Also the top can be rough routed so curve.

1 Like

Phil… Its awesome!!! Nice

1 Like

Do you guys glue the acrylic to the base or you just leave it lose?.I just made one but Im not sure if I should glue it with like clear silicone or Leave it just lose in the gap. Thanks in advance!

Yesterday we install a acrylic sign for the back window from a pickup. Its for advertising for the Business from my costumer.

Its a rgb led stripe, with an Aluminium frame and Black anodized Aluminium as the Background.

Sorry for the low picture quality, the reflection from the LEDs are only on the picture, in reality youll see it clear.

2 Likes

Thanks Phil, the one I did is for a friend of mine for his business also. I wasn’t even thinking about making these to sell but as soon as he saw the one that I did, he asked me if I could make him one. I guess these things are really eye- catching. Thats a really good idea the one in the truck!

2 Likes

I don’t glue cause I sell just the acrylic by itself so they can interchange

1 Like

This is what my friend wanted, something simple for his tabletop for the crafts shows that he goes to. At the base I did a pocket for his business cards. I didn’t glued it but I think that for my next ones I will.

2 Likes

Where’d you find that file? Been looking for that for awhile…

Given Aspire?..wow…I want to be your friend…lol

2 Likes

Has anyone done the batteries for these? If so how long do they typiclly last?

Thanks. Yea thats not long at all.

Fortunately I work at a custom plastics molder and the boss gave me a few acrylic sheets to play with.

Polishing the bottom help to maximize the led brightness.

1 Like

Does everyone cnc their bases? It seems like a lot of carving time when I can hand route it in few mins.